St-Marteen- February 2019

captain99

On Celebrity cruise excursion for St-Marteen, we can choose " St-Bart on your own" . I think it's 45 minutes with the ferry.

Considering the situation at St-Marteen, it's a good solution or not?

On Celebrity cruise excursion for St-Marteen, we can choose " St-Bart on your own" . I think it's 45 minutes with the ferry.

Considering the situation at St-Marteen, it's a good solution or not?

How much time do you get in St. Bart’s? What’s the price? Everything is more expensive in St. Bart’s so keep that in mind as well.

How much time do you get in St. Bart’s? What’s the price? Everything is more expensive in St. Bart’s so keep that in mind as well.

It’s a 6 hours on our own excursion, 45 minutes high-speed ferry.

148 CAD $

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Forums

It’s a 6 hours on our own excursion, 45 minutes high-speed ferry.

148 CAD $

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Forums

That’s pricey for a 45 min boat ride back and forth BUT it’s a good way to see St Bart’s and not chance missing the ship.

It’s a really small island. Rent a Jeep or take a taxi tour. Some of the views are spectacular.

I have gone via boat several times. The most rough seas we had were going over to St Bart’s via fast speed ferry from the Simpson Bay Area. That trip was know as taking the “Vomit Comet to St Barf’s!” :p It is notorious on the island! The Celebrity excursion most likely leaves from the Marina near the pier. I’m not sure how the seas are generally from there to St Bart’s . If seasickness is an issue check reviews before you book.

I have not been since hurricane Irma hit but it is a lovely island. I have never visited while on a cruise but have read the St Bart’s board in the past and read some pretty awful posts about how cruisers were treated while there. Again perhaps things have changed post Irma but it might be something to check out prior to booking if being treated rudely bother’s you.

Edited by Karysa

There will be no situation in Saint Martin in February 2019 that would suggest a need to go to St Barts. St Barts is worth seeing, if you already are familiar with St Martin, but there is no need to avoid anything in Saint Martin.

And, if you do go to St Barts - following up somewhat on Karysa's post - have a plan in place for what you will do. You cannot be certain of finding a taxi or someone to give you a tour as you enter St Barts. Do some research and consider renting a car or lining up a tour or something in particular before you get there. You can walk to Shell Beach - which is nice enough - but there is not a whole lot to see in Gustavia - unless you are really into historical things.

There will be no situation in Saint Martin in February 2019 that would suggest a need to go to St Barts. St Barts is worth seeing, if you already are familiar with St Martin, but there is no need to avoid anything in Saint Martin.

And, if you do go to St Barts - following up somewhat on Karysa's post - have a plan in place for what you will do. You cannot be certain of finding a taxi or someone to give you a tour as you enter St Barts. Do some research and consider renting a car or lining up a tour or something in particular before you get there. You can walk to Shell Beach - which is nice enough - but there is not a whole lot to see in Gustavia - unless you are really into historical things.

From your lips to God's ears Snorkel. This is an island on edge about this hurricane season. Just a quick peak at my St Maarten FB pages tells me so.:)

Edited by Karysa

I went in January 2018 right after it opened back up to tourists. I am in my late 20s and went solo. I felt safe if safety is what you are referring to as the situation. There was destruction in town but it was still beautiful. I had a beach practically to myself for the day. I have been there quite a few times. I'm sure it will be just fine and there will be plenty of things to do when you go.

(y)(y)(y)

I went in January 2018 right after it opened back up to tourists. I am in my late 20s and went solo. I felt safe if safety is what you are referring to as the situation. There was destruction in town but it was still beautiful. I had a beach practically to myself for the day. I have been there quite a few times. I'm sure it will be just fine and there will be plenty of things to do when you go.