Have Tickets, Will Certainly Cruise

Star-Man

Just back from my last year 12 exam ever! And to make it even better, i called by the TA and picked up four pretty blue plastic wallets.

Seeing the tickets and bag tags just made it all that much more real. It to me has been something worth working all year to pay for.

Gah, so excited :D

Thanks everyone :)

I was just on the phone to one of the friends i am going with for an hour talking about shore tours and what we can do on the ship. Now i just have to work my butt off to get the $300 in cash for the cruise card and maybe a little more for shore tours and duty free :D

take care all,

sam

WTG Sam! Have you had your formal, grad & award night yet? I must admit it is all so different now and it really wasn't that long ago that I finished year 12 (oh alright it's more than a decade, now I feel old:o ). When we had out formal it was for the students only. Nowdays it seems the parents, friends & family go for the beginning or the entire night! Who is the night really for?

Cheers,

Chaz:)

The Formal was at the end of July (my school is different by having it mid year)

Our awards ceremonies are spread over 4 seperate occasions. We have smaller awards for 8's, 11's and 12's on one day, and then for 9's and 10's the next. Then there is Sports Awards Night and Speech Night (The big one) where they do things like subject prizes and Dux.

Those are all over and done with, i have my graduation dinner on wednesday night (On the Island for those brisbane folk) and then graduation ceremony next friday.

It all seems to have gone so fast

Congrats Star-man!!!

I finished my last uni exams yesterday, drank way way way too much last night, felt like death all day today and am now wondering if two weeks is going to be long enough for me to handle a cocktail? Hope so, not usually a drinker so getting used to the whole hangover thing lol.

Congrats Star Man! My son Tom only just finished his last HSC exam this arvo as well.. Visual Art? He is out celebrating as I type.

You and your friends will have a great time on your cruise! It always feels great when you get those blue folders in your hands!

Just back from my last year 12 exam ever! And to make it even better, i called by the TA and picked up four pretty blue plastic wallets.

Seeing the tickets and bag tags just made it all that much more real. It to me has been something worth working all year to pay for.

Gah, so excited :D

Congratulations on finishing your exams. How exciting that you got your tickets!

Congrats Star Man....I can still remember the liberating feeling of knowing that High School was over (and sadness too). Moving to the next level in your life etc...How lucky you are to be able to top it off with a fabulous cruise with your friends too. Not many people get to end their school years in that way. Have a wonderful time, and if it's your first cruise BE PREPARED. You will return a cruise junkie like all of us here. Cheers.

Maria:) :cool: :)

Have a wonderful time, and if it's your first cruise BE PREPARED. You will return a cruise junkie like all of us here.

It actually my second (for this year too). All i needed to become a junkie was the 3 nighter i did in March :rolleyes:

WTG Sam! Have you had your formal, grad & award night yet? I must admit it is all so different now and it really wasn't that long ago that I finished year 12 (oh alright it's more than a decade, now I feel old:o ). When we had out formal it was for the students only. Nowdays it seems the parents, friends & family go for the beginning or the entire night! Who is the night really for?

Cheers,

Chaz:)

It's 16 years (almost to the day) for me - and I still remember the feeling of relief to have finished Year 12. Only beaten when 4 years later I finished Uni!

It's 16 years (almost to the day) for me - and I still remember the feeling of relief to have finished Year 12. Only beaten when 4 years later I finished Uni!

Now I'm beginning to feel old:) . It's 28 years for me:eek:

PS congrats star-man & sarze on finishing your exams. Hope you both do well.

Karen

Now I'm beginning to feel old:) . It's 28 years for me:eek:

PS congrats star-man & sarze on finishing your exams. Hope you both do well.

Karen

Karen, just noticed that you cruise counter is down to 363 days - less than a year now til you're Dawn cruise!!

Karen, just noticed that you cruise counter is down to 363 days - less than a year now til you're Dawn cruise!!

Oh yes:D .This time next year we'll be sailing the beautiful waters of the Pacific Ocean. I actually posted on the roll call thread yesterday morning reminding everyone (like I really needed to:rolleyes: ) that it was now "LESS" than a year away.

Karen

hope you get the results you are looking for.A cruise is just what you need to take your mind off that dreaded letter (or sms)

our son did his 2 unit maths this year also although he was only in year 11 (now in year 12). so we have had a taster of what it will like next year.

enjoy your cruise and start saving that money!!maybe ask family for an early xmas present

karon

Oh yes:D .This time next year we'll be sailing the beautiful waters of the Pacific Ocean. I actually posted on the roll call thread yesterday morning reminding everyone (like I really needed to:rolleyes: ) that it was now "LESS" than a year away.

Karen

wow, that countdown so going so fast isnt it? It doesnt seem that long since we were saying that about your LAST cruise.

karon

Have a great time Star-Man, congrats on finishing your yr 12 exams, my son has one more to go tomorrow, maths.

We are going on the cruise after yours, because my 15yo hasn't finished his year yet, although we are going the week before he finishes, as all they do in the last week is watch dvds.

In my day (LOL) we worked everyday, right up to the last day of school, even in yr 12 (HSC then).

Have fun......... cheers

Archived