Same day golf cart rental?

nursegrrl8

I don't know if any of the vendors take credit on site, I think they all want cash. You could do an instant Paypal transaction if you have cell service I suppose. Just keep in mind they do sell out. The last 2 times I've been to GT all vendors were sold out months in advance. Good luck!

I reserved one months ago with Karib’s on their website and paid in full with a credit card. I emailed them last week for confirmation (my cruise is in 2 weeks) that my reservation was still valid and had an answer within an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 months later...
I reserved one months ago with Karib’s on their website and paid in full with a credit card. I emailed them last week for confirmation (my cruise is in 2 weeks) that my reservation was still valid and had an answer within an hour.

Did you have any issues with Karib? How were their carts? We have reservations with them in 2 weeks as well. I've been reading bad and good reviews. Wondering how your experience was.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

We were in Grand Turk last year. Made the mistake to take taxi into "downtown". For 4 people it was $20 one way. We walked a few blocks as there was really nothing there and took the cab back to the port. We were able to get a golf cart for $80 cash. We drove all over the island. When we turned the cart back in they asked us for money for gas. We said no as that was never mentioned initially. Anyways just beware and know all costs up front and if you can reserve do it. We will be going back again in 5 weeks but will probably just stay at the beach.

At least for Karib and Omar no credit card on pickup, cash only.

As far as gas, they did ask us to throw some in on the way back but never saw an open station and no one said anything. I would have, just as I would for a rental car.

This will be our third time to grand turks and we have always rent a golf cart from Karib and have not had any problems. We book ahead. Our cruise is in November and already been in touch with them and responded quicky, but i just read a few bad reviews lately. I wanted to see if anyone has used them lately they have another gold rental place called max rental. If any one used any latley please provide an update on conditions of the carts. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...
This will be our third time to grand turks and we have always rent a golf cart from Karib and have not had any problems. We book ahead. Our cruise is in November and already been in touch with them and responded quicky, but i just read a few bad reviews lately. I wanted to see if anyone has used them lately they have another gold rental place called max rental. If any one used any latley please provide an update on conditions of the carts. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

In grand Turk today. People were on the pier holding signs for golf cart rental and the sign said “ price negotiable” I suppose it could be because we arrived about 45 minutes late today. Not sure. Oh and we were the only ship in port ( carnival magic)

we rented a golf cart on the spur of the moment from some guy holding up a sign. we added some gas since it was low but it was only a couple of bucks. had a great time seeing some unusual sights.

What were they charging for those please?

There are lots of threads on the topic.

Short version, there's not that much to do on a small island, but if you want to explore you can rent a golf cart and drive around to the key points yourself. The island is 7 miles long and there is nothing outside the cruise line controlled port area except some beaches and a restaurant/bar.

haven't started study on what to do on Grand Turk. why are golf carts needed?

There are lots of threads on the topic.

Short version, there's not that much to do on a small island, but if you want to explore you can rent a golf cart and drive around to the key points yourself. The island is 7 miles long and there is nothing outside the cruise line controlled port area except some beaches and a restaurant/bar.

...and the lighthouse, and the John Glenn Exhibit, and Cockburn Town (capital of Turks & Caicos), and the museum, and......

...and the lighthouse, and the John Glenn Exhibit, and Cockburn Town (capital of Turks & Caicos), and the museum, and......

Yea I was wondering about that. There's things outside of the cruise terminal other than 1 restaurant and beaches. lol Not sure if that poster has been around the island or not.

Clarification - Walking distance. It would be a bit of a hike to the Glenn Capsule, the town etc, hence the golf carts or need for other transport.

Sure. Within walking distance you'd have the pier shops, Margaritaville, a few other bars along the waterfront as well as excursion rentals, Jack's Shack, and Governor's Beach, walking north. Walking to the south you have a John Glenn exhibit, the Beached Whale (relatively new, less loud restaurant/bar), the Conch Graveyard, and the southern tip, which is also home to a coral reef easily swimmable from shore under easy surf conditions.

To put in in perspective. From the port entrance its approximately 1 KM to Jacks Shack, 2.4 KM to the airport entrance, 5+km to Cockburn town, 10km to the lighthouse. That's not counting the hike out of the cruise area where applicable. So walking distance is relative especially in heat. There are a few more restaurants in the immediate area than I thought, this is true but still mostly beaches and food in the immediate walkable area (1.5km each way or less).