What I wish I had known before the big day - advice from past brides

very practical advice :) nice and helpful thread indeed

from my experience, it is handy to use some kind of wedding planner e,g, I used https://www.theknot.com/ where I built the wedding site as well.

A good coordinator of the entire event whom you can trust and rely on is very important!

I agree it is good to prepare a list of music to DJ, we have done it and it is good to have.

Also, we have decided not to take too many couple pictures on the wedding in order to spend more time with guests day, but had our personal photosession the next day. And yes, it is comfortable to have a list of to do photos in advance

I would also advise doing a small rehearsal or simulation of the event some time in advance (in details). It helps a lot to figure out what was forgotten, what should be improved etc.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 6/22/2016 at 2:02 PM, ImaginationCruiseBride said:

Hi Ladies,

I'm sorry I just now peaked in on this thread. I don't come in here as often as I used to. I would be happy to send you all anything I have, from the welcome letter, to the alternate menus. However, I don't always check in here so if you could just email me at lmitchell93610@yahoo.com and let me know what it is you would like for me to send to you, I will get the message right away and be able to get it out to, and that way I won't miss a request hidden in this thread somewhere. I'll be waiting for those emails.

Greetings from 2019! Is the infamous welcome letter et al still available? If so please send to msshayramsey@gmail.com!

Edited by FutureMrsMartin

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/10/2019 at 12:03 PM, k.schriv said:

I would love to have the welcome letter sent to me at k.schriv@gmail.com and any new information people have. This thread is amazing

I would also love a copy of this please. babyclaytonmom@aol.com    Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone here who is planning or was married on a Princess cruise?  Looking for any ideas of what you wished you did or didn't do.

Everyone else has been extremely helpful, very happy about the budget excel sheet, it will be so helpful!

-Kara

On 9/2/2019 at 2:27 PM, karabear15 said:

Anyone here who is planning or was married on a Princess cruise?  Looking for any ideas of what you wished you did or didn't do.

Everyone else has been extremely helpful, very happy about the budget excel sheet, it will be so helpful!

-Kara

Getting married on the Royal Princess in 20 days. Our coordinator from Royal Ocean Events, Sarah, has been amazing. We're doing a harborside ceremony out of San Pedro (LA) so that family that didn't want to sail could attend the ceremony.

The most amazing thing is that Sarah doesn't say no, she says let me check. And sometimes it takes a while but a lot of the time the cruise line has been happy to accomodate our requests and changes. I'm sure it'd be easier for her to say no but she goes the extra mile and that's made this process so easy. 

• Like 1

On 9/4/2014 at 12:36 PM, ImaginationCruiseBride said:

A couple pieces of advice....first of all try to get some lunch on the Lido Deck if you have anytime at all because I didn't have a chance to get a bite at the reception...it just goes so fast...also, I asked the groomsmen and the groom to not wear their shirts and ties to lunch before the wedding (my husband is famous for spilling, you can't take him anywhere (just one the quirks that makes me love him even more) and I didn't want food on their shirts and ties for wedding pictures. Also, my daughter and step daughter (my matrons of honor) put on their dresses after they got on board as well, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have spilled, but I just felt better about it.

I know it has been mentioned before, but my daughter's college roommate did my hair (she doesn't have a mother, so we sort of "adopted her") and she followed us to my stateroom while we got dressed and stayed with me when everybody else had to leave for the rehearsal, to keep me company and do touch ups after I got dressed, so I wouldn't freak out. It was also nice that she and I had a chance to pray together before the wedding.

The most important thing is to have fun, and don't let the details stress you out, it will be beautiful and you will likely be the only one who will know the little things didn't happen as you planned.

Also, I am a retired teacher so I probably go a little overboard on planning stuff, but I put together a 10 page "Welcome Letter" with a schedule and everything. I also wrote out our entire wedding outline and script including our vows. I'd be happy to share with anybody who wants to see.

Oh one more thing, we had a friend as our officient, she got ordained to do my daughter's wedding in April and since she was coming along on the cruise anyway we asked her to do our wedding, so we were able to have a quick "rehearsal" at the hotel the night before. We ran through the entire thing so we could time it, to make sure we were under the time limits.

I'm not sure if ImaginationCruiseBride still checks on this site, but I'd also appreciate the welcome letter!  My address is ginger.betson@gmail.com.  Thank you in advance!

• 1 month later...
On 9/9/2019 at 3:25 PM, seaturtle_808 said:

Getting married on the Royal Princess in 20 days. Our coordinator from Royal Ocean Events, Sarah, has been amazing. We're doing a harborside ceremony out of San Pedro (LA) so that family that didn't want to sail could attend the ceremony.

The most amazing thing is that Sarah doesn't say no, she says let me check. And sometimes it takes a while but a lot of the time the cruise line has been happy to accomodate our requests and changes. I'm sure it'd be easier for her to say no but she goes the extra mile and that's made this process so easy. 

Have you asked about day of makeup?  I know I can get my hair done in the salon, but I didn’t see anything in regards to makeup and I’m not sure if I can manage my own.  

We are planning for an At Sea ceremony the day after Princess Cays. The idea is to have Princess Cays serve as a day for beach games for the families and bridal party, nothing but a little friendly competition the day before the wedding 😂

As for makeup when I got married in 2015 I was told that it is not guaranteed that there will be qualified people aboard. There is a good chance that there might be someone that will give it a stab, but results can not insured. The advice that I was given was to work a self sufficient option, meaning doing it yourself or having someone that is coming along with you. Once on board you can ask the salon if they have someone available and bring the products you know work.  My reality was I went to a few stores and got "make overs", and picked up the products I thought worked well along the way. Watched some tutorials on Youtube, (before everyone and their sister was doing them) and practiced.  About once a week I used to my makeup for the wedding and wear it to work. I worked in a small office, so once I let everyone know what I was doing they all (guys and girls) gave their two cents. Based the feed back I got I would change things, or watch another video to learn more.  Once I was happy with the look I had I focused on consistency and tried to reproduce it each week.  I took notes and photos of what I was doing each time so that I would have reference material. The final result certainly made an impression when my friends and family saw the finished product, since day to day I don't wear the stuff.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/10/2014 at 8:28 AM, ImaginationCruiseBride said:

I keep getting an undeliverable message for your email address. Do you have another way of getting it?

Also I believe I've sent it to everybody who has asked. If you asked for it and missed it, please let me know.

Hello! I know it's been years since your original post but I'd greatly appreciate your Wedding Cruise Welcome Letter! alycatmilw@yahoo.com