"Live" - 17-21 September 2018 Exploring Vancouver Island on Explorer of the Seas

PCWalton1

We did try an Nanaimo bar, decadent and tasty though it doesn't look it in this picture.

29858327857_196eb52c68_b.jpg

Bill I’m glad to see you tried one. They look plain but taste great.

I’m enjoying everyone’s and all the posts on this thread. Espically the food ones. :)

Yes, I've had a back ache every morning.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

Yes, very firm for sure.

Also I believe they are “squarer” and perhaps slightly larger than they used to be as he spacing to get to the sides of the beds against the furniture is about 4 inches... you have to squeeze your calf’s through

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not sure why there has been better staffing at Chops but we liked the food better in Giovanni's. Worth the wait. Back to Chops again tonight

Agree with Bill here.

We cancelled our final day Chops and booked Giovanni’s for 2nd time tonight.

Another occurance...

It’s been reported a lot recently the issues of the D+ amenities not being received. I reported it as well on my Brilliance revue but simply shrugged it off. Not this time....

No bottle of wine in my room. Called loyalty ambassador night #1 and asked if any C&A benefits have been changed... he said no. I said my wine was missing. He said he would take care of it. Day 2 still nothing. I called again... he says he’s asked the dept that handles this to send to my room however I told him they haven’t yet.....

5pm I was going to call him but surprisingly he called our room to Confirm Delivery. Still nothing. He sounded very perturbed. Asked what we had in our room, exactly what bottles we brought on board ourselves, what my on line profile says, etc.... said he would get this done ASAP.

Up to the DL we went. Sat with another 3 ladies who were all

Missing their D+ amenity and had the DL printing out the various amenity options. The DL took my cabin# as well to follow up with the LA....

Abracadabra... our wine was waiting for us at Giovanni’s that night. This can’t be good for the LA and DL/CL chasing this stuff down with such a horrible website and IT running RCL. It’s deplorable really that RCI head office and IT can’t get this simple thing straight as it used to be.

Mmmmm! Rack of lamb and warm chocolate cake. Back to Chops for us tomorrow or the next night [emoji4]

Lucky you, enjoy your B2B. Our next cruise is November 29th, the Panama Canal on Vision. Enough of this cold weather cruising. [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Agree with Bill here.

We cancelled our final day Chops and booked Giovanni’s for 2nd time tonight.

We have done specialty only on a few of our recent cruises and have found Giovanni's food to be better in almost every instance. We did enjoy our dinners at Chops. Just had even better meals at G's.

Bill,

Great forest pics... thanks for sharing... you captured some really wonderful images in there.

Rich

Thanks, it was beautiful there.

So we are back in Seattle enjoying one last breakfast in Windjammer. Thank you to all that followed along, we had a great time.

66a82501b6b280f4e099fc6ec4af2824.jpg

91b78717569ec8f5f9c678a4ba193f70.jpg

Great photos, Bill. Thanks for this review. Unfortunately, we’ll only be crossing paths as we disembark Vision of the Seas on the day of your embarkation for the Panama Canal. We will be sailing all the way to Los Angeles, near home, after two previous cruises from Venice and Barcelona before our Canal sailing.

We agree about the uncomfortable beds onboard Explorer. Can’t understand why they replaced the beds with the curved ends in rooms that aren’t large enough to accommodate the rectangular mattresses.

Oh well, we are ON A SHIP!

[emoji4]

Great photos, Bill. Thanks for this review. Unfortunately, we’ll only be crossing paths as we disembark Vision of the Seas on the day of your embarkation for the Panama Canal. We will be sailing all the way to Los Angeles, near home, after two previous cruises from Venice and Barcelona before our Canal sailing.

We agree about the uncomfortable beds onboard Explorer. Can’t understand why they replaced the beds with the curved ends in rooms that aren’t large enough to accommodate the rectangular mattresses.

Oh well, we are ON A SHIP!

[emoji4]

Aah, and we barely had two minutes to visit this cruise.