Quebec City hotel - 3 Marriott properties - which one??

DaveOKC

I am arriving in Quebec City 2 nights prior to our cruise in mid-Oct and looking for some hotel advice concerning Marriott properties.

First, I can get the Delta Hotel or the nearby Marriott Dowtown for about the same price (about $220 CAD per night). Which one of these would you choose?

Second, another option is to stay at the Marriott Courtyard which is about 5 miles away, but the rate is only $125 CAD per night. Is it worth being so far out of the center of town to save about $200 CAD (for the two nights combined)? We plan on spending the full day before the cruise exploring the Citadel and other downtown sights.

One more - is the Hilton (near the Marriott) superior to the Marriott?

Thanks for any and all ideas and opinions.

Firstly, I can tell you that while the newest of the 3, the Courtyard is really only convenient if you have a car - right off a major highway, in an industrial park-type setting with limited restaurants within walking distance. No, I don't think it's worth it in your case.

So we come to the Marriott or the Delta. I have no first-hand knowledge of either property's rooms, but have attended events in both. The Delta is a large business hotel, opposite the convention centre, with the corresponding facilities. The Marriott is actually a former Courtyard which was converted to a full-service property a few years ago, and much smaller than the Delta. It holds a slight location advantage over the Delta, but really the Delta is maybe a 5-minute walk from the Marriott. I might favour the Marriott slightly, but I think either would be a good choice.

The Hilton is generally considered to be (along with the Chateau Frontenac) one of the top major hotels in Quebec City. But if you're a Marriott guy, I don't think it's necessarily that much better that I would sacrifice the nights/points you'd earn at one of the Marriott properties.

Firstly, I can tell you that while the newest of the 3, the Courtyard is really only convenient if you have a car - right off a major highway, in an industrial park-type setting with limited restaurants within walking distance. No, I don't think it's worth it in your case.

So we come to the Marriott or the Delta. I have no first-hand knowledge of either property's rooms, but have attended events in both. The Delta is a large business hotel, opposite the convention centre, with the corresponding facilities. The Marriott is actually a former Courtyard which was converted to a full-service property a few years ago, and much smaller than the Delta. It holds a slight location advantage over the Delta, but really the Delta is maybe a 5-minute walk from the Marriott. I might favour the Marriott slightly, but I think either would be a good choice.

The Hilton is generally considered to be (along with the Chateau Frontenac) one of the top major hotels in Quebec City. But if you're a Marriott guy, I don't think it's necessarily that much better that I would sacrifice the nights/points you'd earn at one of the Marriott properties.

THANKS! I think I will go with the Marriott and keep an eye on Hilton pricing, just in case.

Both my husband and I are top level Marriott (and he also with Hilton) but we have chosen to stay in one of the boutique hotels in Vieux-Québec to have an immersive experience. I did take a look at the Marriott properties and was quite confused by the Courtyard’s location because I remember it being closer - until I read Twickenham’s explanation - thank you. I would choose the Marriott (former Courtyard) also.

I have stayed in the Delta a few times. Before Marriott purchased the Delta chain. It is a nice hotel. The rooms are larger, service is good. Not not hesitate staying there again. Unfortunately I have not stayed in the other Marriott. Not in a position to make a comparison.