A Couple Anthem Tips

J&L~SetSail

Returned from the Anthem on 9/15 (Canada/New England). No guarantee that your cruise will be the same. I saw very few children on this cruise so that may have an impact.

If you don't get your reservation in before sailing for iFly, North Star, shows, dining, etc. don't panic. There were plenty of options available through the Royal IQ. If you didn't download the app, there are plenty of kiosk.

Get the coffee card. Anthem lets you get any size per punch at the specialty coffee stands to include Starbucks. 15 punches for about $36 with the added fee. Venti Mocha or Cafe Americano for me every morning. You can share the card. (again, make sure this is still allowed so best if you buy on board)

Go ride the bumper cars on embarkation day before the muster drill. We rode multiple times without having to get out of the car.

If interested in the Escape room, book as soon as you get on the ship through the Royal IQ. They go fast. But...I was told by the staff that they have a lot of no-shows so if you don't get a reservation find out the times and stop by. There's a good chance you'll get in. They start promptly on time though and lock the door. 12 people per session. Other ships are charging $20, but still free on the Anthem.

Ride North Star. Even if you are afraid of heights, you'll be fine. My wife is afraid of heights and has vertigo and she was fine (after a lot of convincing). We rode at sea and in port. We had one reservation and were able to get on again in the standby line. Toward the end of the cruise there are more opportunities. Plenty of slots open to reserve once on board. You can only reserve once though.

Ripcord by iFly. Just do it. It's amazing. Don't be scared, the staff know what they are doing and will keep you safe.

Okay, here is a secret.You can only reserve once on the Royal IQ (or online prior to the cruise), however, on day 6 (9 day cruise), you can go to the iFly check in and reserve a second with them directly.

Dining (I wasn't a fan of the food), the line for those with a reservation was just as long for those without and everyone was seated fairly quick.

I enjoyed the entertainment, a little cheesy at times, but fun. We will Rock You is a little dated, but fantastic talent and who can complain about Queen. I'll stop there because there are always mixed reviews for the shows. Still plenty of openings once on board.

Hope this helps!

If interested in the Escape room, book as soon as you get on the ship through the Royal IQ. They go fast. But...I was told by the staff that they have a lot of no-shows so if you don't get a reservation find out the times and stop by. There's a good chance you'll get in.

+1.

Biker, who was part of a group that finished in 39 minutes.

Thanks for the info! We are in a 9 night starting 400 days from today (Oct 2019) with 5 other couples. It will be our first time in this class of ship and we are all looking forward to it.

Didn’t realize the Escape Room was free on this ship. Have always wanted to try one so hopefully we can do so for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tips! We leave in 51 days! This is my first RCCL cruise, and since I only booked 1 week ago, we were not able to reserve iFly and North Star. App is already downloaded! Great news about free escape room. We’ve done a couple land ones and really enjoy them.

Great advice. Here is my add

The swing is in the solarium great view.

download the app before you get to the port.

The one and only swing that I only ever saw empty and sat in at night. There was always someone in it during the daytime. We're on in 4 weeks. Last time we got to do NorthStar, but not iFly due to high winds the last two sea days-had an early reservation the first sea day but DH had injured his back so I cancelled that one and got the later date before we cruised. I need to see if I can book them now for our upcoming trip, but if not, we'll try the walk up that I saw many do for NorthStar 2.5 years ago.

I actually enjoyed NorthStar, but I don't really have an issue with heights. It's just such a great view, even if all we saw was the ship and water.

Thanks for the tips- we're on the Thanksgiving sailing and can't wait.

We sailed Quantum during her 1st Christmas sailing and were able to NorthStar when they still did the "Up and Over" rides, but I know they have discontinued those in order to provide more "Up and Down" rides to all passengers who want to go.

Very excited for the Escape room as we've also done several on land, too.

Get the coffee card. Anthem lets you get any size per punch at the specialty coffee stands to include Starbucks. 15 punches for about $36 with the added fee. Venti Mocha or Cafe Americano for me every morning. You can share the card. (again, make sure this is still allowed so best if you buy on board)

Just to be clear (for cruisers reading your post), since this is an often-asked question - there is no "Starbucks" on the Anthem, so the coffee card works everywhere, as does the beverage package.

The coffee "place" on the Anthem is called La Patisserie on Deck 4.

(and specialty coffee can be found elsewhere, too)

:)

Are you saying that the Wi-Fi is free to text onboard to each member of your party on the anthem? you don't have to have the Voom?

Texting via iMessage is free on Anthem only because they have a hole in their firewall. It's not supposed to be free.

Just to be clear (for cruisers reading your post), since this is an often-asked question - there is no "Starbucks" on the Anthem, so the coffee card works everywhere, as does the beverage package.

The coffee "place" on the Anthem is called La Patisserie on Deck 4.

(and specialty coffee can be found elsewhere, too)

:)

Good point...I don't want to mislead anyone. I shouldn't have called it Starbucks. If they called it Starbucks then the coffee card would not work.

Okay, you can go to La Patisserie and order a Venti Mocha, etc. They use Starbucks coffee/espresso and Starbucks equipment and pour it into a venti size cup with Starbucks branding.