Just Married on the Carnival Magic

SKosto

We have some experience with standard rentals on a Princess ship and I will honestly say that we are buying my fiancee a tux for the wedding since he absolutely must wear a tux, not a suit. Our Princess tux rental experience wasn't great. The tux almost didn't arrive in time for formal night and, when it did, they had forgotten (but later located) shoes. The tux had been well-loved and didn't fit well. For us, we want the peace of mind of knowing everything will fit perfectly, look great, and we won't have to wonder when it will show up. Honestly, if you catch a sale and plan to take another cruise with a formal night, you can justify the investment.

Cheers to all the brides and grooms! We're looking forward to a October 2018 wedding and this thread has been great for info.

Where did you guys get his tux from & the cost of it, if you don't mind me asking. I went in and questioned at Men's Warehouse, I think that's the name, close to 2 weeks ago. She took my info down & said she had to talk to her boss about it, that she would call me back in 24-48 hours and I have yet to receive a call. We should look into the prices to purchase as well, compared to renting. If it's not much of a difference we might as well buy too. Are you getting married with Carnival, or another line?

Where did you guys get his tux from & the cost of it, if you don't mind me asking. I went in and questioned at Men's Warehouse, I think that's the name, close to 2 weeks ago. She took my info down & said she had to talk to her boss about it, that she would call me back in 24-48 hours and I have yet to receive a call. We should look into the prices to purchase as well, compared to renting. If it's not much of a difference we might as well buy too. Are you getting married with Carnival, or another line?

We went to men’s warehouse last week and was quoted $400 and up for a week plus $20 per extra day(we need 2 weeks) Buying was close to 1000. We then went to a local bridal and tux shop and was quoted a little over $300 for everything, $500 to buy but limited selection. Shop around, you can definitely find better deals than men’s warehouse

• 3 weeks later...

We are in the UK, I know things might be very different for you - my husband used to rent his tux from a small local company that hired out clothes for school prom nights. I got a dress from there a few times too. It might be worth checking out if you have anything similar.

Eventually, we decided that it would work out better for him to buy his own - just have to make sure it still fits each time we book a cruise!

• 1 month later...
Hello, my Wife and I just got married on the Carnival Magic on 12/2. We both noticed that there wasn't a whole lot of information posted that is recent, so, feel free to ask any questions, and we will answer to our very best.

Is there anything you wish you would have done differently?

Any tips for new brides? (Getting Married on the Horizon in October 2018)

Is there anything you wish you had done?

I can’t find many reviews about being married on the ship while docked in port. So other questions you may not be able to answer. But any tips are very much appreciated! :D

Congratulations, it sounds like you guys managed to have a good time even if there were some hiccups! Just a quick question here, did they give you a choice of venue that included an outdoor option on one of the upper decks or were all of the venues indoor?

Is there anything you wish you would have done differently?

-No, we can't really think of anything we'd have changed. You do have to understand that you do have to give up a certain amount of control over things with the constraints of doing it on a ship, and the stream lined nature of it. We are simple people and very easy going, so we were fine with it.

Any tips for new brides? (Getting Married on the Horizon in October 2018)

-I'm her husband, but she asked if you had anything in particular you'd like to know?

Is there anything you wish you had done?

- Again, with how the wedding is streamlined (but in no way rushed), there aren't a whole lot of things you can or can't do. Actually that makes it sound kind of bad, there are plenty of options, but we had the ceremony and reception we wanted.

I can’t find many reviews about being married on the ship while docked in port. So other questions you may not be able to answer. But any tips are very much appreciated!

-Take a tour if you are able. You get 1 free and then can do a second for $50 I believe. You'll see the venues, meet 1 or more wedding planners, and possibly the officiant. You will get a great idea of how things go, and see the rooms potentially set up. If you are able to do these tours, I would suggest the first you go as a couple, and the second take your best man/ maid of honor (only 4 people are allowed to go).

-Ask about parking for nonsailing guests. The location of the lot at port Canaveral is not labeled and a bit of a pain to find.

-If you are wanting to stay separate on your wedding day, let them know asap. It can be a pain, but they will do it. They had us all in the preboarding lounge, and when she arrived, they basically sat me facing a wall. It was pretty funny lol.

-If you have other sailing guests (we didn't) they can have 1 or 2 cabins ready for you on top of yours. This is great because it will give your groom(smen) somewhere to get ready. I had to arrive in my tux fully ready since no one else was sailing with us.

-Pictures are negotiable, don't feel like you have to buy the very expensive prices that the brochure lists.

-I'd suggest letting your guests know not to bring gifts, outside of cards with cash or gift cards, because it will slow things down a lot, and adds a ton of crap you may have to try and take off the ship.

I can't think of much else right, now but feel free to ask anything specific you might think of.

Congratulations, it sounds like you guys managed to have a good time even if there were some hiccups! Just a quick question here, did they give you a choice of venue that included an outdoor option on one of the upper decks or were all of the venues indoor?

-Thank you, we had an amazing time. At the time we got married all venues were indoor. I'm not sure if there are open deck options are available or not.

• 2 weeks later...

First, thank you so much for this thread, it's been so helpful! We're looking to have an embarkation wedding on the Carnival Pride with no one sailing with us, so that information in particular has been very helpful. I didn't think about the fact that my fiance wouldn't have somewhere to get ready before the ceremony and will have to board in his tux.

Are the wedding packages still the same as when you got married? If so, do you still have the documents they provided with different options, and could you email them to jvanre at gmail?

I see you got married in December. We're also looking into a winter wedding (that's when the Journey cruises are for the Pride). Though Port Canaveral and Baltimore are quite a bit different in weather, did you get to do any outdoor photos? I know it'll be freezing but I love the idea of a picture with the whale tail.

If you go to carnival.com and then all the way to the bottom, there is a section you can click for weddings & occasions.

https://www.carnival.com/wedding-cruises.aspx?icid=CC_weddings-footer_1027

From there, you can download a digital brochure. All the different pricing for the different packages are listed on that brochure.

https://www.carnival.com/~/media/CCLUS/Images/pdf/carnival-weddings-brochure.pdf

First, thank you so much for this thread, it's been so helpful! We're looking to have an embarkation wedding on the Carnival Pride with no one sailing with us, so that information in particular has been very helpful. I didn't think about the fact that my fiance wouldn't have somewhere to get ready before the ceremony and will have to board in his tux.

Are the wedding packages still the same as when you got married? If so, do you still have the documents they provided with different options, and could you email them to jvanre at gmail?

I see you got married in December. We're also looking into a winter wedding (that's when the Journey cruises are for the Pride). Though Port Canaveral and Baltimore are quite a bit different in weather, did you get to do any outdoor photos? I know it'll be freezing but I love the idea of a picture with the whale tail.

The pride is one of my favorite ships. I'm sure your wedding will be amazing.

Shortly after we got married, carnival changed their wedding packages to what they are now, so unfortunately my information for that will be out dated.

We did get some outside shots I'll post them a little later. It's a bit of a pain to upload images on this site lol

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Forums mobile app

Shortly after we got married, carnival changed their wedding packages to what they are now, so unfortunately my information for that will be out dated.

We did get some outside shots I'll post them a little later. It's a bit of a pain to upload images on this site lol

The problem with outside shots is, that the ship will have already set sail, so it's windy and there are people out and about. My favorite shots came from the steakhouse and red frog pub. I can post a couple of those if you'd like.

0C8A7974.jpg.830f0ce92472766730aa7cda18a2569e.jpg

0C8A8041.jpg.bc589b4a384ccbaedf645e136d55374d.jpg

0C8A7980.jpg.e1483784015640e9d3bb821e1b554078.jpg

The problem with outside shots is, that the ship will have already set sail, so it's windy and there are people out and about. My favorite shots came from the steakhouse and red frog pub. I can post a couple of those if you'd like.

Thanks for the pictures, they look great! I'm wondering if maybe I can get a separate photo shoot later in the cruise since Baltimore's water doesn't make the prettiest backdrop ;p

Are non-sailing guests able to purchase drinks prior to the ceremony/reception? I only ask because if they don't have sign and sail cards, how can they buy?

Yes they can, they just use their credit cards.

I believe they have put the packages back to the way they were when you had yours. I am booked under the other 'version of packages', and after that I saw that they had changed AGAIN. A lot of people said they got money back by cancelling under the tiered package, and rebooking under the group package like you had. I chose no alcohol for mine so it didn't make a difference in cost for me. We have 27 non-sailing guest, and I didn't feel right giving alcohol & then having them drive 3+ hours home.

Thanks for the pictures, they look great! I'm wondering if maybe I can get a separate photo shoot later in the cruise since Baltimore's water doesn't make the prettiest backdrop ;p

I'm getting married on 9/2 on the Pride. I agree with you about the Baltimore water! I was thinking of getting another, cheaper LOL, light white dress to where at one of the ports for a few pictures of him and I, taken by a family member. That way I will have atleast a few with pretty water haha

I believe they have put the packages back to the way they were when you had yours. I am booked under the other 'version of packages', and after that I saw that they had changed AGAIN. A lot of people said they got money back by cancelling under the tiered package, and rebooking under the group package like you had. I chose no alcohol for mine so it didn't make a difference in cost for me. We have 27 non-sailing guest, and I didn't feel right giving alcohol & then having them drive 3+ hours home.

I just looked at the current stuff they have listed on their website, and it is still different from what we paid. I can try and find the documents and post it if anyone wants, but again, I think its out of date.

We felt the same way about providing alcohol. If they wanted to buy it, then that was fine and on them, but we weren't comfortable with the open bar ( people will drink wayyyyy more) and having people drive home.