Rome Return Flight

ROBERTEVANOVER

We are going to self disembark, have a private transfer awaiting at 7:30am "Under Ship", use an expediting service at FCO and pray a LOT! I can't see any reason why the airport situation would improve as am now realizing that our trip in October is now considered "high season" along with June and July.

I have never disembarked at Civit. and am a bit concerned about getting to FCO in time for my noon flight back to the US.

What is the expediting service at FCO that you mention?

I have never disembarked at Civit. and am a bit concerned about getting to FCO in time for my noon flight back to the US.

What is the expediting service at FCO that you mention?

As discussed above, you will be fine with a noon flight. No need to pay for any "expedited" service.

Does FCO have a VIP Fast Track that someone posted earlier? How do you get information regarding this program? We have heard horror stories about FCO and want to have no big problems.

Found some through a google search so I've linked one here. I've never used one so cannot make a recommendation. Hopefully someone who has will see this thread or you can see if there's a related post in the Italy forum.

https://www.italysbestrome.com/airport-vip-meet-greet/

Does FCO have a VIP Fast Track that someone posted earlier? How do you get information regarding this program? We have heard horror stories about FCO and want to have no big problems.

I am considering AssistAnt, Air Assist and Royal Airport Concierge; they all offer a "FAST TRACK" concierge serviec at FCO. It is very expensive and intended for VIP's I believe ( which we assuredly are NOT) but we have no Plan "B" so have to make our 11am flight.

Slightly off topic but is it difficult to arrive at FCO? Would a Fast Track help in getting through customs and baggage pick up? We have rarely had problems at international airports, but FCO seems to have a reputation for chaos. Since most international flights arrive in the AM it will be crowded.

Slightly off topic but is it difficult to arrive at FCO? Would a Fast Track help in getting through customs and baggage pick up? We have rarely had problems at international airports, but FCO seems to have a reputation for chaos. Since most international flights arrive in the AM it will be crowded.

IMO it's not necessary. The passport control line (what I think you are calling 'customs') moves along pretty well -- no worse than any other large airport. Sometimes you may have to wait a bit for your luggage, but I'm not sure any kind of Fast Track help would improve that part...

Once you get your bags, the 'Customs' is only a walk through the appropriate doors that say "Nothing to declare." Then you'll end up in the arrivals hall where you can either meet your transfer or find whatever transportation you're using.

I am currently looking at AssistAnt, Air Assist and Royal Airport Concierge but haven't decided which "FAST TRACK" provider we are going to use yet.

How expensive??? Do you have any approx. costs for a departure from FCO?

We would not schedule an early departure, but if we can avoid standing in long lines.

Costs are per person and depend on if you need Porter service. For our group of (4) it will be around $450.

Thank you!

We have no problem wth scheduling plenty of time. I would not book a departure until after Noon.

As others have mentioned, it is the physical aspects of standing in lines, and walking longer distances from drop-off, to check-in, to terminal... Schlepping luggage... That kind of thing. I can hardly imagine elderly passengers!!!!

I am limited, but looks like we might have to deal with it, at that kind of price.

I have heard that HAL transfers have limited drop=off points, and you may even have to walk some distance from the coach to check-in, with all of your luggage???? We would def. pay more for a private transfer to avoid that.