[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:25 PM.
Prescott, AZ
44 Posts
Joined Jun 2012
Originally posted by pbenjamin
Was this OldCarTours? If so we have that same Buick convertible reserved for Havana Day 1 of the April 2nd cruise. Having them pick us up at San Cristobal Paladar after lunch.
Hey, may be the same as that's the company we are using. I'll have to check with you after your cruise to see how you liked it.
76 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Hi from Long Island! I'm also hiring a guide for Havana- are there any recommendations for day trips besides tobacco plantations? Thanks!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

4 Posts
Joined Mar 2017
Hi y'all. I'll be cruising on this date with my Brother Jim. Where do you plan to exchange money?? Will they do it onboard the ship? We want to visit a nice cigar factory. Any suggestions? Anyone want to share a car/guide?
3,216 Posts
Joined Jul 2014
Originally posted by Stewardess8734
Hi y'all. I'll be cruising on this date with my Brother Jim. Where do you plan to exchange money?? Will they do it onboard the ship? We want to visit a nice cigar factory. Any suggestions? Anyone want to share a car/guide?
There are exchange places right after you clear customs (which you do in every port) to exchange for CUCs. You cannot do it on the ship.

Do be aware that there is an additional 10% fee for changing US Dollars. I opted to have Euros - ultimately it came out better to do it that way, but your mileage may vary.

Sorry I can't help with the cigars - I cannot tolerate any smoke so I avoided those places like the plague.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
beth
*~*~*~

Past Cruises ~ 4/1983 - SS Emerald Seas, Bahamas; 7/2013 - Disney Dream, Bahamas; 2/2014 - Disney Dream, Bahamas; 7/2014 - HAL ms Westerdam, Alaska; 2/2015 - Disney Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean; 7/2015 - RCCL Radiance of the Seas, Alaska; 7/2016 - RCCL Brilliance of the Seas, Mediterranean/Venice; 12/2016 - fathom Adonia, Cuba; 2/2017 - Disney Magic, Bahamas; 4/2017 - fathom Adonia, Cuba and Dominican Republic
Future Cruises ~ 7/2018 - Jewel of the Seas, Greek Isles; 8/2019 - Disney Wonder, Alaska
4 Posts
Joined Mar 2017
Originally posted by WrittenOnYourHeart
There are exchange places right after you clear customs (which you do in every port) to exchange for CUCs. You cannot do it on the ship.

Do be aware that there is an additional 10% fee for changing US Dollars. I opted to have Euros - ultimately it came out better to do it that way, but your mileage may vary.

Sorry I can't help with the cigars - I cannot tolerate any smoke so I avoided those places like the plague.

Thank You!