Grand Princess: quiet place for daytime reading?

namowal

Are there any public spaces on the grand that aren't too noisy? Like perhaps a bar or club that's not serving anything but you're welcome to sit there? On other ships have that big Skywalker's lounge in the back, but the Grand doesn't have one (anymore.)

The Conservatory, deck 15 above the indoor pool.

The One Five Lounge & Nightclub, Deck 15 aft

The area just outside of The One Five Lounge with wicker chairs. One side is smoking, one side is not.

Anywhere along the promenade deck

If you want real quiet and sun in a lounge chair head to the Oasis hot tub area on deck 16 aft. This area gets very little use.

Horizon Terrace Pool (adults only), deck 14 aft. Lounge chairs are limited and mostly in the sun.

Lap Pool (adults only), deck 15 forward. Again lounge chairs are limited, some are in the shade.

• 2 weeks later...

Agree with the above (space outside One Five), but note that the equivalent space on the starboard side (outside Hearts & Minds) is a designated smoking area.

If it's too cold to be outside, any lounge in between activities is usually quiet, and One Five and Vista have nice views out the back.

I tend to sit on the deck just above the covered pool. It's quiet and shady and pretty much unused. As others have said, behind the One5 is also a nice spot to read. Grand doesn't have Skywalker's but, on other ships that do have it, I have found that it's often too cold in there for me to sit and read comfortably.

One side is the smoking section... the other side is not.

how can one escape the smoke ? are there fans to blow the smoke toward the smokers rather than the non smokers or are there two separate rooms?

how can one escape the smoke ? are there fans to blow the smoke toward the smokers rather than the non smokers or are there two separate rooms?

They're not fully enclosed, and there's the width of a swimming pool between them. I never noticed any smoke smell from the far side, and I'm pretty sensitive to that.

• 11 months later...