beach day

Hi! We are arriving on the Carnival Sunshine-July 2018. My mom and I are traveling alone with my 7yr old daughter. We want to enjoy a nice day at the beach and possibly see the airplanes just to say we have done that. Are there any all inclusive resorts that offer a day pass or excursion recommended through Carnival or outside? We are flexible just want convenient, relaxing, and safe since this is our first time to this port.

Thanks for any advice!

Most resorts are still under re-construction and many won't re-open until January or later.

You could research the internet for some smaller beach hotels and check with them about day passes.

Check TripAdvisor for Maho Beach area, which is near the airport.

Hi! We are arriving on the Carnival Sunshine-July 2018. My mom and I are traveling alone with my 7yr old daughter. We want to enjoy a nice day at the beach and possibly see the airplanes just to say we have done that. Are there any all inclusive resorts that offer a day pass or excursion recommended through Carnival or outside? We are flexible just want convenient, relaxing, and safe since this is our first time to this port.

Thanks for any advice!

You could have a nice easy day just taking a taxi to Sunset beach bar on Maho beach (AKA the airplane beach). There is a small pool and beach and restaurant/bar and gift shop. It's a safe day, no planning needed.

You could have a nice easy day just taking a taxi to Sunset beach bar on Maho beach (AKA the airplane beach). There is a small pool and beach and restaurant/bar and gift shop. It's a safe day, no planning needed.

How often are women topless at the bar to get a free drink? Not a prude, but could be awkward when visiting with children.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How often are women topless at the bar to get a free drink? Not a prude, but could be awkward when visiting with children.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Personally I don't remember seeing topless women at the bar at Sunset and I have been there dozens of times. You may see really drunk people there though and to me that's more awkward and less family friendly than a toppless mom building a sandcastle with her kids on a French side beach.

Kim Sha is a cruiser friendly beach these days and may be a good option for you. It's about a 20 min taxi ride. Many people like this beach it's not one of my favorites but it's convenient and safe and has decent restaurants and clean bathrooms. Nothing exciting about it but plenty of people go there and enjoy it.