Cab to Sanchos with an Infant

BoozeCruiser83

Any thoughts on taking a cab from port to mr Sanchos with an infant. Was about to book but then realized we won't have a car seat with us for our 6 month old. Any options or should we find an AI within walking distance of puerto maya (if thats the case ill take recommendations on those as well if any)

Any thoughts on taking a cab from port to mr Sanchos with an infant. Was about to book but then realized we won't have a car seat with us for our 6 month old. Any options or should we find an AI within walking distance of puerto maya (if thats the case ill take recommendations on those as well if any)

You will need to bring your own car seat, (then find a taxi with working seat belts and tip for time taken to install), hire a driver for the day from ToursPlaza (min 3 hours) and rent car seat - very expensive option for a trip to beach club, travel with child on lap (your call), or as you say AI near port.

Two AI within walking distance of Puerta Maya, El Cid and Park Royal. My preference is Park Royal if staying for any length of time but food and drink only between 11am and 6pm, so depends on port hours whether worthwhile and I read fee had gone up. I would recommend walking ocean side until you get to hotel lobby and take a stroller.

can't find much info online about park royale, is there a website i am missing or did you just walk up day of and book?

http://parkroyalcozumel.com/

For description and gallery.

However you cannot book in advance. You pay on the day in the lobby. I have emailed them in the past to check current rate. I think sometimes it varies with season but last rate I saw on here was about $55 for adults I think. It was quite a lot more than I paid last time.

Apparently there were two options in April 2017:

DAY PASS 11:00 AM TO 6:00 PM:

Adults $ 50 USD

Children 5 to 12 years old $ 25 USD

FULL DAY PASS 7:00 AM TO 11:00 PM:

Adults $ 80 USD

Children 5 to 12 years old $ 40 USD :)

You can confirm current pricing on facebook page.

I have never been told about the second option.

Be sure to say “no” to any timeshare sales, unless you want to lose a lot of beach time. We weren’t approached but some people have reported.

I would bite the bullet and bring your car seat - the airline will check it for free if you choose not to use it on the flight. The car seat opens up lots of transport options pre/post cruise and in your other ports. If the first taxi in line does not have working seat belts I do not hesitate to complain and walk to the next one that does.

Some cruise lines offer packages, including transport, to Playa Mia beach club - various AI packages, kiddie splash park, etc. Worth checking out. ;)