Royal Caribbean's Big Ships Vs Little Ships

I'm curious! Which do you prefer out of Royal Caribbean's big ships / little ships? I personally love the larger ships as there is more to explore and enjoy. I also enjoy how modern they are.

Do you have a preference of ship size for cruising with Royal Caribbean? If yes, why!:confused:

Big ships are too big for many interesting ports. We prefer smaller RCL ships because they can access nice areas all over the world and are still very big compared to other ships. Too many big ships are the reason for overcrowded places like Dubrovnik, Venice and Santorini. An Oasis class ship will never be able to go there anyway. They will always do the same 7 day Caribbean East and West and Western Med cruises. If I want water slides, zip lines or bumper cars I would go to Disney World or any other amusement park. For me cruising is for feeling the ocean and for the destinations.

LIke Radiance class for where they can go-Southern Caribbean especially but Mediterranean too. Also like the lack of real shopping mall feel, Centrum feels small which I like

Also like Quantum class(especially liked Dynamic Dining when it was a thing) for 270, bumper cars and flying into New York area.

Oasis class should be done at least one time

I liked the Radiance class best until they “improved” them. I’m a fan of Freedom class now. I did Ossis once; would do it again when sailing with teenagers who need distractions and things to keep them busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I enjoyed the radiance class ship more than others. All the glass means sightlines to the water everywhere you go... but I appreciate that the larger ships create a destination that competes well with Carnival .. and I may choose the Anthem next year for many reasons... I think that if you are "been there and done that" the smaller ships give you all you could want, but if you are looking for and "eyes wide open" experience the larger ships are able to provide that... I sailed on Adventures 4th voyage... refreshed my Scuba cert.. had an awesome balcony.. and a skating rink was all the rage... we've come along way since then, eh?

Radiance class, for ocean views from so many locations, outdoor WJ dining, location of DL/CL - more great views up on 13. Although we had a balcony for our recent Alaska cruise, the views from DL were even better.

Freedom class, when we need a WOW promenade fix and a little Flow rider time. Solarium w/cantilevered whirlpools and DL location.

Lately, we've favored smaller classes. Since last Nov.; Serenade, Rhapsody, Radiance, Majesty & Empress X2 vs 1 Indy.

Another vote here for Radiance class. I absolutely love the centrum and the glass views from just about everywhere.

I was on Oasis 3 weeks ago (my first mega ship) and while it was beautiful, it honestly didn't feel like I was on a cruise. We had to go back to our room balcony to see the water.

We love the big ships. We have spent several decades on the small ships and have been totally sold on the resort feel of the big ships.

As a relatively recent cruiser, I agree. So much to do on the big ships. But on port intensive itineraries, the smaller ships really shine. Our first cruise on Splendour from Venice to Croatia, Turkey and Greece was really exceptional without all the bells and whistles of the Oasis Class.