Christas on Anthem When is.....

heatherpl

When is the Ugly Christmas Sweater party?

What movies are playing on this ship?

You should be a cruise director. I think much of this is lost on them.

I think "A Christmas Story" should be standard fare. Star Wars opens on the 15th. Would be nice if RCI sent Disney some money and had that on the cruise.

I am guessing most of the CD's are not from the US so the Ugly Sweater thing would be lost on them. On top of that most people would not pack for it unless they were made aware...

OH>.. You could create an event with your Roll Call?? Maybe someone brings a DVD of Christmas Story and you have RCI play that for you at the M&M.

-Sean

Thanks I got a marketing email about RCI christmas and they mentioned having a ugly christmas sweater party on the ship. I was planning on wearing mine lol.

Now i know on previous cruises such as Carnival and RCI they played movies that were just coming out of the theater but still lingering on in theaters but also on DVD already. So I didn't know which movies they would play that could possibly be still in theater or just coming straight outta the theater lol.

Thanks I got a marketing email about RCI christmas and they mentioned having a ugly christmas sweater party on the ship. I was planning on wearing mine lol.

Now i know on previous cruises such as Carnival and RCI they played movies that were just coming out of the theater but still lingering on in theaters but also on DVD already. So I didn't know which movies they would play that could possibly be still in theater or just coming straight outta the theater lol.

I received the same email from marketing that heather did. We are leaving on Rhapsody next week and debating whether or not to pack *Christmas Sweaters!* We sort of decided that it is probably something that marketing came up with and it is sort of unlikely to have filtered to the ship.

But we would love to hear differently if anyone has experienced this activity on a December cruise this year? :D

We will probably have to decide before we fly, so we will have to see how the packing goes.

You should be a cruise director. I think much of this is lost on them.

I think "A Christmas Story" should be standard fare. Star Wars opens on the 15th. Would be nice if RCI sent Disney some money and had that on the cruise.

I am guessing most of the CD's are not from the US so the Ugly Sweater thing would be lost on them. On top of that most people would not pack for it unless they were made aware...

OH>.. You could create an event with your Roll Call?? Maybe someone brings a DVD of Christmas Story and you have RCI play that for you at the M&M.

-Sean

Many many many of the Cruise Directors are from the U.S.

We were on Anthem last year for the Christmas-New Year cruise and there was not an ugly sweater party.

This year we will be on Anthem for the week before Christmas and received the marketing email referring to ugly Christmas sweater parties.

I will pack something tacky just in case.

Just returned from Rhapsody of the Seas this evening. There were a lot of people wearing Christmas headgear and ugly Christmas sweaters because it was so cold in Florida, but other than Holiday Trivia....there was no Ugly Christmas Sweater Party. They did have pajama holiday movie screenings (Elf, NL Christmas Vacation) in the theater, but we did not attend.

I think it was a Royal Caribbean marketing department thing that never made it to the ships.

Dennis Charles was the CD last week and I don't think his contract is up before Christmas. He is American.

Movies included The Dark Tower, Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Men Tell No Tales, The Emoji Move, Wonder Woman, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Dunkirk, Despicable Me:3, Going in Style, Boss Baby in 3D, War for the Planet of the Apes in 3D.