Reasonable hotel before Miami cruise

solorizor

LaQuinta Miami Airport East. Decent hotel, free breakfast, free shuttle to port, free car parking for 7 days. We have used it a couple of times over the last several years. Not extravagant, but a good place to sleep!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Trying to suss out your posting history I am guessing you are on the Norwegian Getaway on April 30. At this late stage you may have to just take what you can get.

That said, for port area hotels on April 29 the Marriott Biscayne Bay and the Courtyard Brickell are both under $200 on various booking engine sites, and the Hampton Brickell and the Holiday Inn Port of Miami only a wee bit over. You may find something less costly near the airport but will be a property of far less repute on streets you likely will not want to walk. Again, did you have a number in mind?

NOTHING is "reasonable" in Miami....just so you know! Even the most basic hotel is pretty pricey. But, it's worth the money to stay close to port. We once freaked about the room prices, so booked something "a bit" further away....well, we had to end up renting a car to get about after 2 taxi trips that cost in excess of $150! The car was cheaper!

Be prepared to pay in Miami. It's expensive!

check out what is available at Miami International airport area... wide range of hotels out there... we usually stay at the Hilton Maimi airport, do believe there is an Embassy Suites in the area too... know there are a variety of hotel out there, we like the Hilton and have not checked out others. Taxi ride to port is reasonable... $20-30 or so... we often go out of Ft Lauderdale, so tend to stay here one night before flying home from Miami... since we can get a non stop to San Francsico .

More information please! What do you consider reasonable? Are you flying, driving? Check the Florida departures/ports for more information.

I'm travelling solo will b arriving at 3pm on a budget and hv never been to Miami . I've read loads of reviews but I'm nervous leaving airport to get to hotel !! Also I'm going to the shop at around 11 am if that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is the hotel I would choose. It is modern, clean and right near the cruise port. Reasonably priced also. Just jump in an Uber/taxi from the airport. Very easy. This area is safe and good eateries to grab your dinner.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34438-d4091412-Reviews-YVE_Hotel_Miami-Miami_Florida.html

I'm travelling solo will b arriving at 3pm on a budget and hv never been to Miami . I've read loads of reviews but I'm nervous leaving airport to get to hotel !! Also I'm going to the shop at around 11 am if that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

After you pick up your luggage, head out of the clearly marked doors to the taxi stand and take a taxi to your hotel. It will be very easy. Miami is a friendly city and usually has lovely weather. No need to be nervous. The taxis are plentiful and the drivers know where to go. In fact, we always take taxis from the airport to the hotel and then to the ship and to the airport at the end. Alternatively, you can get a shuttle to your hotel in some cases and then a shuttle to the ship. We just prefer the taxis as shared shuttles might go to several hotels. Another option would be to take Uber - we do that frequently as well and it works out very well and is even cheaper than taxis.

For one night only I'm a big fan of Hotwire & Priceline. Check out a site like betterbidding.com to have a sense of what's what.

Pick a hotel that is 3.5 stars or better.

Some have been closer to the port. Others far away.

As soon as you know what hotel you "won" read the reviews so you know what to expect. Last trip to Miami the hotel charged a security deposit of $100. If you handed them cash you got it right back in the morning. If you charged it, it was a p.i.t.a. to get the charged removed. Knowing that we brought cash. No fuss no muss.