What is it like having a room directly across from the stairs/elevators?

A4Audigirl

WE booked a Spa Balcony cabin on the NCL Bliss, Deck 15, directly across from the stairs/elevators.

After many NCL cruises, we anticipate no problem.:)

Enjoy the Spa and the convenience*

*the state of being able to proceed with little effort or difficulty.

Edited by $hip$hape

The elevators and stairs are inside a vestibule lobby and even though on a deck plan it looks like they are only 1/2 an inch from the cabins, in reality they are not and noise should not be an issue.

It quite possibly may be hell. We had a room that was the first room in the hallway near the elevator/stair bank on Breakaway. It was literally the room at the opening. We have had rooms near elevators in the past and had no issues at all. But the problem with the first room is that there is nothing to block your room from all the ambient noise near the elevators. You will also hear every single announcement made over the PA because it will be extra loud in the hallway due to their not being a wall to buffer it. There is also a lot of noise from people in the elevator area, and because it is the first room, people don't immediately remember they are by other's rooms and are still talking loudly as if they are still in a public area.

Based on how noisy and intrusive this area was for us, we have decided we would NEVER book a guarantee due to the possibility of ending up in a room like that again, even if it meant not cruising at that time.

I had the first room in the hallway next to the elevator on a cruise last summer and was woken up very early every morning without fail by the dinging of the elevator. Different ship, so I can't comment on how it will be for you, but for me, it truly sucked.

I had the first room in the hallway next to the elevator on a cruise last summer and was woken up very early every morning without fail by the dinging of the elevator.

Different ship, so I can't comment on how it will be for you, but for me, it truly sucked.

For some reason, at this time in me ambient life,

I look forward to some dinging and sucking. :hearteyes:

Edited by $hip$hape

Hey all... I've booked a spa balcony on the Escape in June and wondering if anyone has had a room at the opening to the stairs/elevators? Hopefully it won't be too noisy?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are you under the gym where you will get treadmill pounding and dropped dumb bells by dumb bells starting at 6 am. I think That's more of the Haven Spa rooms than balcony.

Hey all... I've booked a spa balcony on the Escape in June and wondering if anyone has had a room at the opening to the stairs/elevators? Hopefully it won't be too noisy?

Are you under the gym where you will get treadmill pounding and dropped dumb bells by dumb bells starting at 6 am.

I think That's more of the Haven Spa rooms than balcony.

Now, you will have to let us know of your cabin number for more information,(?)

In February 2016 (school Vacation week) we had a cabin on Gem by the elevators and would never book near there again... too many late night alcohol induced family reunion discussions overheard, too many kids running down the hall toward / from the elevator, etc..

There must be more noise there, logically, but it really depends on how sensitive you are. Personally, we don't really notice anything once the cabin door is closed, and we really appreciate being close to the elevators/stairs. Except one time we had a steward that sang to himself all day long "doors closing… doors closing…" :D

People talking loudly and running, unfortunately you can get that anywhere along the hallway, unless you book a room at the very front or very back of the ship. Otherwise there is always foot traffic, and many people simply do not understand or care that they are walking inches away from people's rooms.

Hmm...I am either bringing my small portable fan or I am using my Iphone fan app when sleeping, along with some substantial ear plugs due to hubby's snoring. I have used "white noise" to sleep for years. So I don't think we will be bothered. We do have an almost "aft" cabin directly across from the elevators on the Breakaway on deck 12.

Thanks for all the comments!

I'm in room 15154, directly at the opening, with sun deck above and rooms below.

I do stay up rather late so noise in the morning may be of more concern for me.

In review of the deck plans CruiseDeckPlans you should have no problems with either the elevators or stairs.

The elevators are in an enclosed vestibule and the stairs are distant enough from your cabin and the passageway

to not pose a serious threat to quiet serenity. Cabins below you should not pose a problem. Of concern would

be the Sun Deck above with maintenance moving tables chairs lounging chairs what have you in cleaning that

area. Looking at one of the photos of your cabin selection 15154 the area in front the cabin door (foyer) would

keep you insulated from passageway noise. The bed/living area of the cabin is outboard from the passageway

and closer to the balcony/edge of the ship.

On a plus note your access to escape routes and use of the elevator(s) is superb to move swiftly about the ship !

The worst case scenario is the elevator be it crew or guest adjacent to an inside cabin sharing a common wall !

This is not that case - enjoy your location location location !

A few of these posts had me concerned but think after reading most of the comments I'll be happy with the convenience of the location!!!

That's for the in depth assessment "don't-use-real-name".

Happy cruising to you all[emoji41][emoji267]