Celebrity alaska cruise May 24 2019ss

jmspls72

What is the opinion of millennium how HC friendly.

I Have 6103 cabin on hold is their a better HC cabin on deck 6.

What are the best ports for a fly over tour and train ride

Would be interested in glacier bears or whales viewing excursion as well

Things to do post cruise in Anchorage

I have a lot of questions thanks for ur understanding and appreciate your valuable advice

Thanks

Your options for a train ride are the White Pass train in Skagway and/or the Alaska Railroad train from Seward to Anchorage. Totally different experience. For questions not involving your ship, you might research on the Alaska board under Ports of Call.

As far as the cabin - it looks like the best location of the four HC balcony cabins on deck 6. Near the elevators but furthest from the stairs. EM

Edited by Essiesmom

We traveled twice with Celebrity, but not to Alaska. We liked their accessible cabins, and felt we had good service; in fact when we went through the Panama Canal, we and other people with disabilities were invited to the captain's private lounge for the transit, with lunch served there.

• 3 weeks later...

We are sailing in August on RCCL, but have already booked our excursions. Our daughter uses a manual wheelchair for longer distances. In Ketchikan, we are doing the Bering Sea Crab Fisherman's Tour and it is fully accessible. In Icy Strait Point, we booked a private whale watching charter with Glacier Wind Charters. They have been amazing to book and arrange things and have guaranteed a safe and dry place to store the wheelchair when we are on the charter. We are renting a vehicle in Juneau to go where we want and see things on our own schedule. In Skagway, we booked a private tour to Emerald Lake and dog sledding. I can't officially recommend any of them since we haven't done them yet, but from my research, it appears that smaller but well known companies (with lots and lots of happy customers that write nice reviews online) are more willing to accommodate wheelchair needs/access.