Thomson flights to Barbados

Cosmic Rays

To those of you who have now booked specific seats on board Thomson flights to and from Barbados this Winter to join Britannia, are Thomson using the 'new' 787 aircraft? Is it possible to book Premium seats, or is it too late for that now - we depart mid January?

Thanks...........

My understanding is that all Thomson flights for P&O are scheduled to be on the 787.These range from 4 months to over 4 years old. No telling which one will be used. Obviously they reserve the right to substitute an alternative type of plane if necessary (say if one went tech) but this is unusual.

My understanding is that all Thomson flights for P&O are scheduled to be on the 787.These range from 4 months to over 4 years old. No telling which one will be used. Obviously they reserve the right to substitute an alternative type of plane if necessary (say if one went tech) but this is unusual.

Thanks - a 787 will make a big change to A330's or 767 older aircraft and far less noisy too............

Having a serious think about a repositional cruise and thought it said in the brochure they used Thomas Cook airplanes for the Caribbean?

Thomson and Thomas Cook are both used with specific charter flights. The day we go, both companies are being used and we opted for Thomson flights

• 2 months later...

hi all booked premium upgrade on flight which was another £126 we did this when booking cruise last year im doing the azura tranatlantic in march the flight became available this week i have had to pay another £25 each to book seats when i checked with p&o as to why i paid this £126 and now you're asking for another £25 i just oh thats how it is.

i needed extra legroom for 2 reasons my parents are in there 70's and need to be able to move and my brother who is asd (a form of aspergers) and can't cope with being cooped up for to long....

in the past we've only sailed from southampton so haven't had this problem has this always been the case.

hi all booked premium upgrade on flight which was another £126 we did this when booking cruise last year im doing the azura tranatlantic in march the flight became available this week i have had to pay another £25 each to book seats when i checked with p&o as to why i paid this £126 and now you're asking for another £25 i just oh thats how it is.

i needed extra legroom for 2 reasons my parents are in there 70's and need to be able to move and my brother who is asd (a form of aspergers) and can't cope with being cooped up for to long....

in the past we've only sailed from southampton so haven't had this problem has this always been the case.

I agree with you totally, however it is what I call a 'cash cow'!!

Like you, and with the hoped for guarantee of sitting together, I have had to fork out an additional £100 for this 'privilege'!!

Hey ho.......

To those of you who have now booked specific seats on board Thomson flights to and from Barbados this Winter to join Britannia, are Thomson using the 'new' 787 aircraft? Is it possible to book Premium seats, or is it too late for that now - we depart mid January?

Thanks...........

Just try and book the seats yourself. You should be able to work out which aircraft it is from the seat plan. I don’t think you can upgrade without ringing, but you can see if there are extra legroom seats available if that’s what you need. One word of warning, the 787 seats are quite narrow and emergency exit or bulkhead seats have tray tables that slide out of the armrests which restricts the width of the seat. If your a little wider than average, or possibly just average you may find this uncomfortable.