Arrival Christmas night in Ft Lauderdale. Taxi or private arrangement to Miami hotel?

luv2gonow

Hi,

My mom and daughter will be flying into Ft Lauderdale arriving 8 pm ish on Christmas night.

They will be cruising out of Miami on the Splendor next day. I know...how am I not going:o

They will be arriving after changing flights and being Christmas I want the easiest transition to hotel.

First I thought taxi quickest and easiest but being a holiday do you expect a shortage of taxi.

Should I arrange private transportation? If so any recomendations?

Edit hotel is in Miami close tonport

Thanks

Kerri

Edited by luv2gonow

Are they staying at the FLL airport area?? If so, there would be hotel shuttles to most local area FLL hotels. They could then arrange a shuttle to take them to POM the following morning (25-30 min)...There are many private shuttle companys which will take you to POM for $15-20/pp

Look under North American Homeports in Cruise Critic....There is a Florida thread in the forums which will provide info on Hotels, transportation, etc

Are they staying at the FLL airport area?? If so, there would be hotel shuttles to most local area FLL hotels. They could then arrange a shuttle to take them to POM the following morning (25-30 min)...There are many private shuttle companys which will take you to POM for $15-20/pp

Look under North American Homeports in Cruise Critic....There is a Florida thread in the forums which will provide info on Hotels, transportation, etc

No they will be staying in Miami

Thanks

Kerri

Uber or Lyft.

I personally used Lyft when I lived in Broward county.

The main cab company (who shall remain nameless but uses all "7"'s) has the worst cabs and the rudest drivers in the area. they are dirty, smelly, and good luck trying to get them to take your credit card.

You will no doubt be subjected to the "credit card machine is out of order" routine.

I've actually had to call the main office while arguing with the cabbies on more than one occasion to get them to take my card.

The owner of the company has the county commission in his pocket and usually gets his way. A very long drawn out battle to get Uber and Lyft.

And no, I do no have any financial stake, or drive for either company.

Uber or Lyft.

I personally used Lyft when I lived in Broward county.

The main cab company (who shall remain nameless but uses all "7"'s) has the worst cabs and the rudest drivers in the area. they are dirty, smelly, and good luck trying to get them to take your credit card.

You will no doubt be subjected to the "credit card machine is out of order" routine.

I've actually had to call the main office while arguing with the cabbies on more than one occasion to get them to take my card.

The owner of the company has the county commission in his pocket and usually gets his way. A very long drawn out battle to get Uber and Lyft.

And no, I do no have any financial stake, or drive for either company.

Thanks everyone. We are like last of Mohicans lil and have never used Uber or Lyft .

Is the taxi company your referring to the ones I will find at taxi stand?

Thanks

Kerri

There will be a line of taxis waiting to take them - fare from FLL to a downtown Miami hotel should be about $70-75+tip :eek: Uber or Lyft will be about 1/2 of that; if a dinosaur like me can figure out Uber/Lyft, you can too.

Watch a couple of You Tube videos, set up the application on your smart phone, and you are good to go and will save $30+ getting to Miami. :cool:

Your final option is to cancel the Miami hotel, book something close to FLL with an airport shuttle, and then use one of the shared shuttles (SAS, QLS, etc.) the next morning to get to POM.

There will be a line of taxis waiting to take them - fare from FLL to a downtown Miami hotel should be about $70-75+tip :eek: Uber or Lyft will be about 1/2 of that; if a dinosaur like me can figure out Uber/Lyft, you can too.

Watch a couple of You Tube videos, set up the application on your smart phone, and you are good to go and will save $30+ getting to Miami. :cool:

Your final option is to cancel the Miami hotel, book something close to FLL with an airport shuttle, and then use one of the shared shuttles (SAS, QLS, etc.) the next morning to get to POM.

Thanks lol I keep saying I’m gonna get with the program lol. Hey I finally got a smart phone :-)

I think I can earn delta points on Lyft.

Are they both equally popular in Florida?

Happy to hear should be a line of taxi though I was a little worried about Christmas night.

Thanks

Kerri