Finally getting to a diffrent level in crown and anchor.

So the wife and I are going to make the jump from gold to platinum this next cruise. I know for some of you out there thats not major since many are diamond or above. But is there anything we should be aware of since that is hapening during the cruise. Or does C&A take care of all that later with mailers hoping you book another cruise using what little sales they have for members?

A little background. The wife and I both worked for RCCL shore side for a number of years. Her in groups and me in loyalty. The program has changed so much since then. so im not even 100% shure what they do shipboard for passing milestones anymore.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

So the wife and I are going to make the jump from gold to platinum this next cruise. I know for some of you out there thats not major since many are diamond or above. But is there anything we should be aware of since that is hapening during the cruise. Or does C&A take care of all that later with mailers hoping you book another cruise using what little sales they have for members?

A little background. The wife and I both worked for RCCL shore side for a number of years. Her in groups and me in loyalty. The program has changed so much since then. so im not even 100% shure what they do shipboard for passing milestones anymore.

Your points are not awarded until after the cruise is complete. Usually 7-10 days. And no, I don't see much in the way of milestone awards except for crystal blocks...and even those awards many times just show up on your bed one night. Most ships will do a recognition for top three cruisers at the upper tier welcome back party. Each ship, however, seems to follow a different procedure.

But to answer your specific question. No, you won't see recognition going to Platinum. But congrats anyway!

And welcome to Cruise Critic. :)

Ive heard about the blocks. Be curious to see if that happens. I remeber when i worked there there was usually a letter in the stateroom when it changed over as there used to be a loyalty specalist on board. But i would assume with cost cuts many things like that have gone away. Either way just getting the grind down to diamond lol. 4 more 7 nights in a JS.

You will only be Platinum on the following cruise and not the cruise you are on. Once you have turned Platinum you will receive a Platinum member pin during the cruise, C&A Platinum coupons loaded onto Seapass and invite to Top Tier party. That's about all you will get onboard.

I just moved to Platinum on this cruise. You go into the Platinum line when boarding (which for us was shorter than the other line). We got pins in our cabin and was invited to a cocktail party where we were given one drink. There were some coupons, in our cabin but we did not use them.

Really from what im seeing no. Not really maybe a few things here or there. But then isnt that the point of loyalty programs lol.

We probably wont switch lines at all. The wife really likes RCCL. And i have always enjoyed things. Now unless things really start to tank then maybe we will jump ship.

I don't think there's very much difference between gold and platinum or even emerald. It's mostly psychological to keep people thinking they can't switch cruiselines.

Platinum is nice because that's the first level that the balcony discount comes into play.

We followed, of course, the usual journey: Platinum, Emerald, Diamond. Platinum was a bit better than Gold for discounts; Emerald was real y nothing special, Diamond was a new world! Big difference between getting a bag of cookies and a water bottle compared to a private lounge and free drinks. Every level adds a little something - keep going and you'll get to Diamond before you know it.

Gold to Platinum seems like a big deal because now you are invited to the "top tier event".

But the only additional perk from going from Platinum to Emerald (which we are 3 days away from) is a snack and a drink (water/juice/pop) on boarding. Wowwee.

What crystal blocks?

We followed, of course, the usual journey: Platinum, Emerald, Diamond. Platinum was a bit better than Gold for discounts; Emerald was real y nothing special, Diamond was a new world! Big difference between getting a bag of cookies and a water bottle compared to a private lounge and free drinks. Every level adds a little something - keep going and you'll get to Diamond before you know it.

The private lounge sounds nice. We usually splurge for the drink package.so the free drinks is moot. She did the math on it one time and it worked out to 5 drinks a day on a 7 night to break even. And since im a shriner thats pretty easy to hit. [emoji1]

Gold to Platinum seems like a big deal because now you are invited to the "top tier event".

But the only additional perk from going from Platinum to Emerald (which we are 3 days away from) is a snack and a drink (water/juice/pop) on boarding. Wowwee.

What crystal blocks?

I think the crystal blocks are the milestone gifts and acording to C&A graffic. I beleive that starts at diamond and every so many points there after.

I think the crystal blocks are the milestone gifts and acording to C&A graffic. I beleive that starts at diamond and every so many points there after.

Crystal blocks start at 140 points and repeat every 70 points thereafter.

Example:

IMGP0173.jpg

The private lounge sounds nice. We usually splurge for the drink package.so the free drinks is moot. She did the math on it one time and it worked out to 5 drinks a day on a 7 night to break even. And since im a shriner thats pretty easy to hit. [emoji1]

That's a tough rate to keep up, especially as the cruise length gets longer and with more port days along the way Last time we cruised, I did the math too and it was worth it for us on a shorter cruise. Now we're doing an 8 night and my wife can't really drink very much so it wasn't worth it for us, since I'll drink less when we can't have drinks together like before. I think a lot of people don't do the math on it and never realize when it would just be cheaper to pay per drink, rather than getting the package. And they think they're getting a good deal, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What crystal blocks?

I wish they had more then just a welcome gift and drink especially when it is 25 more points to go from Platinum to Emerald. It seems pointless going from Platinum to Emerald.

Here is a link from RCCL with all the benefits for each level.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do

That's a tough rate to keep up, especially as the cruise length gets longer and with more port days along the way Last time we cruised, I did the math too and it was worth it for us on a shorter cruise. Now we're doing an 8 night and my wife can't really drink very much so it wasn't worth it for us, since I'll drink less when we can't have drinks together like before. I think a lot of people don't do the math on it and never realize when it would just be cheaper to pay per drink, rather than getting the package. And they think they're getting a good deal, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is true. We are used to a fairly high intake. Not alcholics but used to liquor flowing all parts of the day. And doubly so with Shriner events. So we still make a good showing at it. And your right alot of people dont do the math on the drinks, always work that out that you know your saving money either way. I know my wife dosent like wasting any money if we dont have to.

I'm at 51 points and have two cruises scheduled for this year. While I agree Emerald isn't that much of a step up, I won't turn down a snack and a couple of drinks. But yes, I'm just waiting until I hit Diamond and then I feel like I can relax. Diamond Plus might be achievable after many years, but Pinnacle is beyond our reach unless we hit the lottery (which we don't play).

I'm at 51 points and have two cruises scheduled for this year. While I agree Emerald isn't that much of a step up, I won't turn down a snack and a couple of drinks. But yes, I'm just waiting until I hit Diamond and then I feel like I can relax. Diamond Plus might be achievable after many years, but Pinnacle is beyond our reach unless we hit the lottery (which we don't play).

It all really depends on how long your cruises are. If your doing two a year it shouldnt take long at 7 nights each. But if your doing shorter ones it will take longer.

Where we live we wont take a cruise shorter than 7 days. It is just not worth flying to a port from the center of the country for a 3 or 4 night.

Crystal blocks start at 140 points and repeat every 70 points thereafter.

Example:

IMGP0173.jpg

Nice! I am getting my first one of these on my next sailing. But I am going on it with 131 points and it is 7 nights. But because I cruise solo, I get the double points. So it will be interesting to see if they do the math and realize it is my cruise where I hit the 140 mark. If not, I will just call them when I get home (after I get my points).

SaveSave

Nice! I am getting my first one of these on my next sailing. But I am going on it with 131 points and it is 7 nights. But because I cruise solo, I get the double points. So it will be interesting to see if they do the math and realize it is my cruise where I hit the 140 mark. If not, I will just call them when I get home (after I get my points).

SaveSave

Go see the Loyalty Ambassador early in the cruise and ask to confirm you are on the milestone list. That should fix it for you.

Go see the Loyalty Ambassador early in the cruise and ask to confirm you are on the milestone list. That should fix it for you.

Thanks Bob - I will do that. I am going with 14 friends so it would be nice to get the block on board so I could show them.

Platinum is nice because that's the first level that the balcony discount comes into play.

If one is Platinum how do you go about getting this discount!? Booked cruises with Platinum and never heard of this discount.

Thanks