Room Stewards

asalligo

Hi everyone, it has been over a year since my last Carnival cruise and I am looking forward to the next cruise, but a friend of mine just returning told me that she was upset by the service. She says that her room steward only appeared to clean her room once a day now.

Is this the new norm or did she just have a bad steward? I think that twice would be fine with me, once after I leave in the morning and then turn down service before bed.

Wow, what a shame. This is one of the things I truly remember being impressed with on my first cruise. It was like he was hiding somewhere in the room because every time I left for even a few minutes, the room got tidied.

I know many may think it silly, but that really added something special to my cruise.

Wow, what a shame. This is one of the things I truly remember being impressed with on my first cruise. It was like he was hiding somewhere in the room because every time I left for even a few minutes, the room got tidied.

I know many may think it silly, but that really added something special to my cruise.

No not silly at all. Many here would prefer the twice a day. I travel a lot for a living and just like hotel service once a day is fine. Anyway the room stewards were given more rooms to clean so the once a day thing is the route they took to lesson the work load.

You are not limited to either morning or evening service. You can ask for both. On my recent Dream cruise, my steward came around with a card where you could request the service times you wanted. The choices were morning, evening or both.

Our stateroom was serviced twice daily -- Glory last December. I've seen pictures of the cards they ask the passengers to fill out -- you can choose morning, evening or both. This has been confirmed by friends who have recently returned from another cruise aboard the Glory. I love my towel animals and fresh Fun Times. :)

Hi everyone, it has been over a year since my last Carnival cruise and I am looking forward to the next cruise, but a friend of mine just returning told me that she was upset by the service. She says that her room steward only appeared to clean her room once a day now.

Is this the new norm or did she just have a bad steward? I think that twice would be fine with me, once after I leave in the morning and then turn down service before bed.

I am not clear about this issue. Is the cabin steward not servicing the cabin in the evening if the cabin was cleaned in the morning?

I have noticed on HAL that there is a reduction in what the cabin stewards do in the evening (the way the bed is made does not require a turn-down service, for example). But, the cabin is checked by the steward.

Other than bringing additional towels (if needed) or re-filling an ice bucket, are you folks that messy that your room REALLY requires a second cleaning 8 hours after the morning cleaning ?

IMHO, this is just one more trivial thing folks grouse about that really is insignificant.

There are three options, just morning, just evening (turndown), or both. Some have reported that they have cards you can fill out, some never saw a card and it was done both without requesting it...

Other than bringing additional towels (if needed) or re-filling an ice bucket, are you folks that messy that your room REALLY requires a second cleaning 8 hours after the morning cleaning ?

IMHO, this is just one more trivial thing folks grouse about that really is insignificant.

Just because it is not important to you does not mean others do not value that service. I'm sure there are plenty of things you feel are important that others would prefer to do without. Nice addition to the thread.:rolleyes:

Was she on the Dream? That is the only ship that I've heard of that is busting passengers stones. Someone needs to fix that. You should have the CHOICE of AM, PM, or BOTH.

It's only on some ships right now. I don't know if it will expand to all or if the ones it's on are just a test. We never got cards on Magic last month, and our steward did our cabin twice a day without being asked.

Really ?? We just got off the MAGIC this past Saturday. We had no sort of card that requested what 'time of the day' we wanted steward service.

Our cabin steward cleaned our room in the morning after we left and then each night while we were at dinner we had 'turn down' service, towel animal and our 'fun times' set out for us, each night !!! And our cabin steward was absolutely fantastic !!

It is a test program on the Dream and maybe a few other ships. The cards were confusing at first but it is my understanding that they now give the option for morning, evening or both. Even when we were on the Dream in March and "both" was not one of the options we simply marked morning and evening and had no trouble. All other ships are still twice a day I think.

Thought I read that you could still request both. :confused:

You can. If your steward says no ... go to guest services and let them know.

We like 2X a day ...

Morning - regular service

Evening - replace used towels and re-filling the ice bucket

This has been beaten to death for months now. It is being tested on at least one ship, maybe two. The steward is supposed to get together with you on embarkation day and fill out a "Comfort" card. This will give him directions on what to do to meet your comfort needs. Includes you choice of room servicing: in the morning, turn down service, or BOTH. Do you want an ice bucket or not, and when do you want ice. Do you want robes, yes or no. And there may be a couple of other things. You will get exactly what you ask for. There is not a timetable for when it will be rolled out to the entire fleet. Until that time, services from the room stewards is supposed to be the same as it has been for years. It is hard to believe that this thing has gotten so blown out of proportion. This is just an attempt to test a better way for the stewards to know what your needs are. Relax.

Was she on the Dream? That is the only ship that I've heard of that is busting passengers stones. Someone needs to fix that. You should have the CHOICE of AM, PM, or BOTH.

It it,has been and continues to be a choice on certain ships. Unfortunately, reading comprehension is a skill and many people do not have it. Ships without the option, remain the traditional twice a day service.

This has been beaten to death for months now. It is being tested on at least one ship, maybe two. The steward is supposed to get together with you on embarkation day and fill out a "Comfort" card. This will give him directions on what to do to meet your comfort needs. Includes you choice of room servicing: in the morning, turn down service, or BOTH. Do you want an ice bucket or not, and when do you want ice. Do you want robes, yes or no. And there may be a couple of other things. You will get exactly what you ask for. There is not a timetable for when it will be rolled out to the entire fleet. Until that time, services from the room stewards is supposed to be the same as it has been for years. It is hard to believe that this thing has gotten so blown out of proportion. This is just an attempt to test a better way for the stewards to know what your needs are. Relax.

Well stated, but the drama will likely not end soon!

It it,has been and continues to be a choice on certain ships. Unfortunately, reading comprehension is a skill and many people do not have it. Ships without the option, remain the traditional twice a day service.

Triumph April 21st cruise. No card no option. Morning or evening per room steward. Like I said, it was no biggie to me since I prefer once a day but totally respect the fact that others prefer twice.

Was on the Splendor a few weeks ago and definitely once daily. However, J.H. and customer service state this is simply not true (quite funny lying actually). I asked half way through our 7 day to do change to twice daily because of the dirty dishes from room service from the night before and the towels all over from the beach or showers, AND I love the bed being nicely made all day so sue me. My cabin attendant happily said yes and I just tipped him extra. (doubled his tip actually-I felt bad). I'm not going to lie, it bothered me asking him. I hate asking more than what is expected of people who are obviously working very hard. Twice a day service is one thing I love about cruising. (I feel spoiled). I would bet that obviously they give them more cabins due to this change.

New Norm. You can choose morning or evening service. We chose morning and much rather the once a day service.

This simply isn't so. John Heald says if you want twice a day service ask and you shall receive. Our card last week was printed with the word "Both" right on there.

This simply isn't so. John Heald says if you want twice a day service ask and you shall receive. Our card last week was printed with the word "Both" right on there.

That is very good to know! Thanks! :)

Yet you have two separate cruisers from two separate ships telling you they did NOT get an option for twice a day. Who do you believe? :rolleyes:

Yet you have two separate cruisers from two separate ships telling you they did NOT get an option for twice a day. Who do you believe? :rolleyes:

The people who are informed. Not the people who should have researched and/or didn't raise the issue that they knew they should be getting twice a day if they wanted.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app