Lots of ships in port...

Gr101997

I just checked the cruise calendar and it seems the day we are in Nassau, there are six ships as well. 3 carnival, one Disney, RC and Norwegian. I've been to Nassau a few times and the one time we got off the ship it was a disaster. I think there were 3 ships that day.

Someone on our cruise FB page said it was bc of the hurricane and they're sending ships that would go to the damaged islands here and that's why it's so busy.

My question is would getting off the ship be a mistake? We wanted to take our kids to Atlantis for the water park but with this many ships I would assume it's going to be a nightmare getting on and off and even at Atlantis.

"I just checked the cruise calendar" ?

"My question is, would getting off the ship be a mistake?"

If you want opinions, why didn't you

list the date of your next cruise?

I would assume, if the other ships are going to Nassau for disaster relief of other islands,

your little darlings should be fine at Atlantis.

However, if your other trips here were a "disaster" why not just stay north and go to Palisades Park?

Edited by $hip$hape

"I just checked the cruise calendar" ?

"My question is would getting off the ship be a mistake?"

If you want opinions, why didn't you

list the date of your next cruise?

What's the date matter? Regardless of the date there is 6 ships there when I checked

It's oct 28th the day in Nassau

I've been to Nassau when every berth was filled. The crowds at Atlantis have more to do with the time of year, and if kids are out of school, filling the resort.

I just had a bad experience there getting on/off the ship. I figured if there was more ships it would

be worse. Was just wondering if having 6 in port was normal now and people have gone through it and it wasn't so bad.

What's the date matter? Regardless of the date there is 6 ships there when I checked

It's oct 28th the day in Nassau

OP, Why did you delete(my) sentence that mattered?

I would assume, if the other ships are going to Nassau for disaster relief of other islands,

OP, Why did you delete(my) sentence that mattered?

Didn't delete anything. Just hit the reply button.

They're not going for disaster relief. They're going as changed itineraries. So they'll be full-ish ships.

Didn't delete anything. Just hit the reply button.

They're not going for disaster relief. They're going as changed itineraries. So they'll be full-ish ships.

Sorry; a misunderstanding.

I would concur with your Facebook friends...

Don't get off the ship.

Nassau is used to having 6 and even 7 ships in port. There are tons of things to do, tours, history, a zoo, an aquarium, golf, sailing and more restaurants and pubs that you can count. Plenty for everyone. Just plan on leaving the immediate area and head out to do something fun.

Atlantis crowds are not only based on cruise ships, but occupancy, concerts, events, weddings etc. Generally crowded on a weekend.