PVP E-mail (general email account, not an individual PVP)

Pops, Esq.

I generally use the website to book and have done so with my current booking. However, I am considering upgrading (upselling myself?) and can't do that online. I have considered using a PVP in the past, but just have not done so.

Is there a general email account for PVPs that I can send an email to? Not an individual PVP -- I know we can't recommend such here. Just a general email. I know there is a 800 number, but I usually prefer to use email to communicate.

Again, not looking for specific recommendations, as I do l like to stay within the rules of the board...

Not that I personally know of. Best bet would be to get a recommendation from someone. I obtained mine by an email with his name on it. Boy, did I hit the lottery with him :D

However, if you're looking to upsell your current booking, you can do that just by calling the 800 number and talking to a CSR. I don't think they have a general email. A PVP will probably help you, but since they won't be getting paid on your booking, they may be less than enthusiastic in doing so.

Not that I personally know of. Best bet would be to get a recommendation from someone. I obtained mine by an email with his name on it. Boy, did I hit the lottery with him :D

However, if you're looking to upsell your current booking, you can do that just by calling the 800 number and talking to a CSR. I don't think they have a general email. A PVP will probably help you, but since they won't be getting paid on your booking, they may be less than enthusiastic in doing so.

I was wondering if maybe with the upgrade, the entire booking gets transferred to them. I have a feeling the answer is "no."

I was wondering if maybe with the upgrade, the entire booking gets transferred to them. I have a feeling the answer is "no."

Unfortunately, no. They have to be the one to take first payment on it. Only exception that I know of is if you book onboard and had your previous cruise (the one you would be currently on) booked by them then they would get credit. Anything with the same booking number that you made online or over the phone with a CSR they wouldn't get credit for.

Try guestcare@carnival.com and ask to be assigned a PVP. You can ask for that person's email address in your request. Otherwise, to the best of my knowledge the PVPs email addresses are usually their first initial of their first name last name@carnival.com. You may already be assigned a PVP and just don't know that. That happens sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I owe somebody a drink. Thanks to firemanbobswife, I made the decision to call and try to see what a PVP could do for me. The PVP beat the online price by about 30%. I may like to handle things on my own, but I am also cheap. I am more cheap than independent.

I could be in on the PVP thing from now on.

Looks like I owe somebody a drink. Thanks to firemanbobswife, I made the decision to call and try to see what a PVP could do for me. The PVP beat the online price by about 30%. I may like to handle things on my own, but I am also cheap. I am more cheap than independent.

My PVP always gives me options that I don't see online, which is obviously better. What a great savings!

Our PVP told me that they cannot do any bookings or changes through emails. They can only do it over the phone.

Not disputing your experience but I have booked several cruises with my PVP using only email and text.

I email my cruise and stateroom choice (with a couple of alternates). She has all our information and knows our preferences. I send her the first 12 numbers of the credit card and text the last four numbers (security).

Next thing I know I get an confirmation email.

Our PVP told me that they cannot do any bookings or changes through emails. They can only do it over the phone.

My PVP does mine through text messages...my preference, not his. Maybe that's considered the same as the phone since it comes from my phone?

Awesome! You can still be “independent” with a PVP unlike a TA because you are booked directly with Carnival. So you can see all the costs and make payments online or by phone to the 800 number. For changes, I would still call the PVP. Sometimes the CSRs mess stuff up so I only use them as a last resort.

Very cool! PVP must have had access to a sale that wasn't showing online.

Good reason to use a PVP!(y)

Bill