Possible missing passenger - Liberty

redstapler7

Anyone on Liberty right now?

For the past two hours they have been paging a passenger every 5-10 mins. Has anyone experienced this before on a cruise?

They are now paging all guests asking if anyone has seen her recently to call security. We have seen several security personnel walking around as well.

I certainly hope she is ok.

Not trying to cause a panic on the forums, but I've never heard of this before

Update:

Captain has ordered all passengers to their cabins until further notice. Authorities have been notified.

I don't get it, we are talking about a missing person, not a contagious disease outbreak. How does ordering other passengers back to their cabin help a missing person search?

Hope they find this lady safe and sound.

Edited by PCHENG

I don't get it, we are talking about a missing person, not a contagious disease outbreak. How does ordering other passengers back to their cabin help a missing person search?

So they can do a sweep of the whole ship.

Because its much easier to look for one person who isnt where they should be when everyone else is out of the way.

Not sounding good I agree.

We hear our steward going door to door checking to make sure everyone is in the cabin and then going inside the cabin and doing a physical check.

They are now making announcements saying "if you can hear my voice, you aren't in trouble. Just let us know you are ok. The whole crew is looking for you and we are worried..."

Not sounding good I agree.

We hear our steward going door to door checking to make sure everyone is in the cabin and then going inside the cabin and doing a physical check.

They are now making announcements saying "if you can hear my voice, you aren't in trouble. Just let us know you are ok. The whole crew is looking for you and we are worried..."

That sounds like it may be a missing child? Praying she is found safe and sound.

Wow. I hope the person is ok. But if they jumped, wouldn't it be more prudent to stop the ship at this point and begin a search as well?

Someone on FB reported that the ship is stopped.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app