Edge Cabin Information - What Do We Want On Our Spreadsheet?

vtcruising

The first Edge Class cruise will board in 190 days. A couple of us on the Edge Forum have brought up the development of the Edge Class Cabin Information Compilation thread so that we would have it up and running by December 4th (when first cruise disembarks). I know it is a bit early, but the time will go fast.

I looked at the evolution of the S and M Class spreadsheets through the years and comments about potential additions by posters. I was thinking that, instead of just developing a spreadsheet, we could see what Edge posters wanted in the spreadsheet before it gets developed. The functionality of the S and M Class spreadsheets is quite good, but some people here may have ideas for improvements in function as well.

I can get help with developing this, but am happy to have someone here who is more adept develop it. I am also happy to take responsibility for entering the data on a regular basis, since I will be following the thread with great interest, or could share that responsibility with someone. It will be quite time-consuming at the beginning, I suspect.

Here are some ideas for questions, mostly taken from the S and M Class threads. Please share your ideas so we can start to develop a useful, functional Edge cabin spreadsheet.

Cruise Mo/Year:

Ship:

Cabin:

Deck:

Class:

Area/Location:

Bed Location:

Balcony/Porthole View:

Balcony/Porthole Size:

Magic Carpet Issues?:

Noise an Issue?:

Wind an Issue?:

Soot an Issue?:

Advantages/Issues/Comments:

The first Edge Class cruise will board in 190 days. A couple of us on the Edge Forum have brought up the development of the Edge Class Cabin Information Compilation thread so that we would have it up and running by December 4th (when first cruise disembarks). I know it is a bit early, but the time will go fast.

I looked at the evolution of the S and M Class spreadsheets through the years and comments about potential additions by posters. I was thinking that, instead of just developing a spreadsheet, we could see what Edge posters wanted in the spreadsheet before it gets developed. The functionality of the S and M Class spreadsheets is quite good, but some people here may have ideas for improvements in function as well.

I can get help with developing this, but am happy to have someone here who is more adept develop it. I am also happy to take responsibility for entering the data on a regular basis, since I will be following the thread with great interest, or could share that responsibility with someone. It will be quite time-consuming at the beginning, I suspect.

Here are some ideas for questions, mostly taken from the S and M Class threads. Please share your ideas so we can start to develop a useful, functional Edge cabin spreadsheet.

Cruise Mo/Year:

Ship:

Cabin:

Deck:

Class:

Area/Location:

Bed Location:

Balcony/Porthole View:

Balcony/Porthole Size:

Magic Carpet Issues?:

Noise an Issue?:

Wind an Issue?:

Soot an Issue?:

Advantages/Issues/Comments:

What a fantastic idea! [emoji145] off to you ;) what about lifts/escalators location/access - people often ask this question ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Here are some ideas/suggestions

Walk-in Closet or standard

Single or double sink in bath

Separate tub and shower or combined

Shower only

Lounger on balcony

Smoking - Port Side or Starboard

Sorry, for some of us who have never travelled in a suite, these options may not be even known [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What a great idea and a good effort on you to do this. Going to be very helpful for a new ship and new class of ships.

I’d suggest you cut back on a few of the areas to reduce the size of the spreadsheet. I looked at the M-Class and S-Class spreadsheets I think was one or 2 in all of the SR lists a Yes for Soot - and they stated they got one or two ‘flakes’. Soot just isn’t an issue for the older M-Class and certainly not S-Class, so I’d not list if for E-Class.

I’d change the name from Balcony/Porthole size and view to Balcony/window. Although a good deal of this info is listed as part of the standard SR descriptions, but there will be differences as we’ve seen in current ships. The Edge will have some ‘stanadard’ Baloncies, but will have a whole slew of Infinity baloncies, so may add ‘Baloncy Type’ so Infinity/Standard/No/And whatever Suite baloncy is part of the SR. The SR Class will tell us that info, but it migh be handy.

Again, what a good idea to start setting up now and appreciate the effort this will take.

Den

What a great idea and a good effort on you to do this. Going to be very helpful for a new ship and new class of ships.

I’d suggest you cut back on a few of the areas to reduce the size of the spreadsheet. I looked at the M-Class and S-Class spreadsheets I think was one or 2 in all of the SR lists a Yes for Soot - and they stated they got one or two ‘flakes’. Soot just isn’t an issue for the older M-Class and certainly not S-Class, so I’d not list if for E-Class.

I’d change the name from Balcony/Porthole size and view to Balcony/window. Although a good deal of this info is listed as part of the standard SR descriptions, but there will be differences as we’ve seen in current ships. The Edge will have some ‘stanadard’ Baloncies, but will have a whole slew of Infinity baloncies, so may add ‘Baloncy Type’ so Infinity/Standard/No/And whatever Suite baloncy is part of the SR. The SR Class will tell us that info, but it migh be handy.

Again, what a good idea to start setting up now and appreciate the effort this will take.

Den

Great ideas - thanks! Balcony type is a good idea and soot probably isn't the big issue it used to be (or hopefully won't be an issue on the Edge). :)

Here are some ideas/suggestions

Walk-in Closet or standard

Single or double sink in bath

Separate tub and shower or combined

Shower only

Lounger on balcony

Smoking - Port Side or Starboard

Lots of things I hadn't thought of - maybe we can find a way to consolidate some of these ideas. Thanks!

Thanks for starting this project

Looks good to me..

Simpler the better

If it gets too complicated it is more of a full cabin report than a quick snap shot..categories can always be modified once folks experience the ship..

Btw..soot is an issue on S class..we were covered in it at the aft bar on Silhouette from soms type of fuel mix error..really messy!

Under area/location suggestion only add: bow, mid ship or aft of ship.

This is the latest M Class version to copy and paste:

Ship: eg., Millennium, Summit, Infinity, or Constellation

Cabin: ####

Deck: #

Class: eg., Inside, OV, 2A Balcony, AQ1, Sky Suite 2, etc.

Area/Location: eg., Aft-Port; Midship, Forward-Starboard, etc.

Bed Location / View: Sea-facing; Wall-facing

Quiet? Yes, No (if no, use comments field)

Balcony/Porthole View: Obstructed, Good, Excellent, etc.

Balcony/Porthole Size: Standard, Large, Oversized, etc.

Wind a Problem? Yes, No (if no, use comments)

Soot a Problem? Yes, No

Problems / Comments: Write Away!

I took out the explanations, but wondered if they should be left in for the less experienced cruisers. The S Class spreadsheet has a format tab - maybe we could have a tab for terminology and explanations for each item, instead of adding to the actual part that gets copied and pasted.

The S Class also has a "how to search" tab, which I thought was a good idea. The M Class has a "Doc Link" tab, which has ship deck plans. I liked that idea as well, and we might think of other links we want to add to that tab.

I'm glad we are starting early! ;)

Thanks for starting this project

Looks good to me..

Simpler the better

If it gets too complicated it is more of a full cabin report than a quick snap shot..categories can always be modified once folks experience the ship..

Btw..soot is an issue on S class..we were covered in it at the aft bar on Silhouette from soms type of fuel mix error..really messy!

I agree that we should think about keeping it fairly simple. Since there are a lot of good ideas here (and many things I would like to know), maybe we can put a lot of things like soot into a tab entitled something like "Feedback Guide." That tab could have suggestions of things to give feedback about for each question and have terminology for things like Class, Location, etc. Maybe that would work?

It would be great if it was similar to real-estate information with photos, but that would take up way too much space. Plus, there would be so much duplication...Thanks vtcruising for this undertaking...I hope Edge lives up to the hype, but of course we all are paying for that too. You will be one of the first onboard, so it will be nice to hear about it from your perspective.

It would be great if it was similar to real-estate information with photos, but that would take up way too much space. Plus, there would be so much duplication...Thanks vtcruising for this undertaking...I hope Edge lives up to the hype, but of course we all are paying for that too. You will be one of the first onboard, so it will be nice to hear about it from your perspective.

I like the idea of the photos. Most people (I think) don't read all of the posts, but head for the spreadsheet. If desired, people could add a few photos to their post, along with the requested info. We could put a link or at least a post # in the spreadsheet so people could find the post and pictures. I've seen that on the other cabin spreadsheets.

I also hope the Edge lives up to the hype. It will be fun to find out! I will wave to you as we disembark on Dec 9th and you are boarding. :D