Taking alcohol on board

champagne lover

Our experience with the Corkage Fee has been sometimes they charge it and sometimes they don't.

if your bottle is already opened and you bring it to the MDR, you most likely won't be charged corkage. BYO corkscrew when you pack.

we just sailed Vista for 8 days and enjoyed multiple bottles, corkage-free.

OP, if you're travelling with your wine/champs, we use Wine Wings bags which we bought on Amazon. perfect solution for airplanes and carrying on bottles onto a cruise.

if your bottle is already opened and you bring it to the MDR, you most likely won't be charged corkage. BYO corkscrew when you pack.

we just sailed Vista for 8 days and enjoyed multiple bottles, corkage-free.

OP, if you're travelling with your wine/champs, we use Wine Wings bags which we bought on Amazon. perfect solution for airplanes and carrying on bottles onto a cruise.

They don't charge the corkage fee to actually "open" the bottle of wine. It's changed to be able to bring and drink your bottle with dinner.

We have been charged the corkage even when the bottle is open so now we just pour our glasses of wine for dinner in the cabin and take them to the dining room.

Related question. Going back about 4 years to our last carnival cruise. One day In the lido area, at lunchtime I think, a waiter was selling bottles of wine, house variety, for , I believe $20 per bottle. We asked if this was a social for today only. He said no, we could get them anytime. We bought a few over a 14 day cruise and used them in our cabin, or when taking a drink to the show or such. Is this still happening? It was very convenient and not bad wine. Thx for your replies

Related question. Going back about 4 years to our last carnival cruise. One day In the lido area, at lunchtime I think, a waiter was selling bottles of wine, house variety, for , I believe $20 per bottle. We asked if this was a social for today only. He said no, we could get them anytime. We bought a few over a 14 day cruise and used them in our cabin, or when taking a drink to the show or such. Is this still happening? It was very convenient and not bad wine. Thx for your replies

Other than the ship selling wine packages on embarkation day, I've never seen anyone with bottles of wine on the Lido deck. When purchasing the wine packages, you do not get to take the bottles with you, they are delivered to your table on demand to be consumed there.

Hi

Here is a link to Carnival site regarding the cruise the vineyards program. https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1358/kw/cruise%20the%20vineyards%20prices

It says you can drink your wine in the dining room and stateroom only, while giving you any bottles you didn't consume to take home with you.

If they are giving you a bottle to drink in your stateroom, I don't see them stopping you from drinking it anywhere on the ship.

hope this helps

the corkage fee is a small price for the service.

Corkage is a tax “because you didn’t buy our bottle in our restaurant.”

If you’re going to byo wine, at least bring a great bottle because $15 corkage on a $15 retail wine is a waste of good money.

I learned something else recently that I found interesting.... did a wine tour in Ensenada and bought 8 bottles of wine. When my friend and I arrived back on the ship, they allowed us to carry 1 bottle per person back to the cabin and check the other 6 at the alcohol table. On a port intensive itinerary, you could enjoy a popular wine from that port each night with dinner :)