Just Curious - Why Do Popular Topics Get Pulled?

tuggers

Just wondering why this happens and for what reasons? If people get out of line why are their responses just not pulled instead of the whole topic? I've heard about this before but this is first time it was a topic I was involved in. Like I said, just curious.

Until the Zenith! Second X Cruise In Two Months!
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;4;11;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

The first rule of Fight Club, don’t talk about Fight Club!

This ship 10/91
That ship 11/95
Whatever ship 12/98
here a ship 13/99
there a ship 14/00
everywhere
a
ship ship 15/05

<font size="3" color=red>Over 1 year</font> into my LMBO cruise

I have no clue - wondered the same thing myself after I replied to a topic last week - with a positive, not negative comment. I wish the hosts would give out some sort of warning if the site is in danger of being canned, or let us know the new location if they have moved a site! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by newtocc:
The first rule of Fight Club, don’t talk about Fight Club!

This ship 10/91
That ship 11/95
Whatever ship 12/98
here a ship 13/99
there a ship 14/00
everywhere
a
ship ship 15/05

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You just broke rule one. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I think Walt has a rule that if Newt is mentioned more than a dozen times or has more than three posts in a thread, then it is pulled.

Also, if a thread gets too heated, it might get pulled as will any topic that mentions Gucci underwear.

Whoops, now I am in trouble. This thread will shortly vanish.

Believe it or not, neither Walt nor I like pulling a topic and generally speaking, if things haven't gotten way out of hand, we will do our very best to clean up a topic (even though this can take a great deal of time). Our rule of thumb is that things get pulled (whether it is a post or a thread) when our Community Guidelines are violated.

However, every once in awhile, a thread gets so out of control (like one did earlier this week) that cleaning it up would not have prevented the same discussions from continuing and re-occurring. Once the general theme of the thread become harassing and nasty from one poster to another, they are removed.

Regardless of what your opinions are on any given topic, it's a violation of community guidelines to begin insulting and harassing other posters.

~Host Anne
[email]aygoyer@one.net[/email]

Host Anne, thank you, I didn't think it was the Newt thing either!

I'm leaving in the morning, I'll e-mail you when I get back, it may not be as bad as you think!

This ship 10/91
That ship 11/95
Whatever ship 12/98
here a ship 13/99
there a ship 14/00
everywhere
a
ship ship 15/05

<font size="3" color=red>Over 1 year</font> into my LMBO cruise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Host Anne:
Believe it or not, neither Walt nor I like pulling a topic and generally speaking, if things haven't gotten way out of hand, we will do our very best to clean up a topic (even though this can take a great deal of time). Our rule of thumb is that things get pulled (whether it is a post or a thread) when our Community Guidelines are violated.

However, every once in awhile, a thread gets so out of control (like one did earlier this week) that cleaning it up would not have prevented the same discussions from continuing and re-occurring. Once the general theme of the thread become harassing and nasty from one poster to another, they are removed.

Regardless of what your opinions are on any given topic, it's a violation of community guidelines to begin insulting and harassing other posters.

~Host Anne
[email]aygoyer@one.net[/email]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Anne!

Does this mean we can't harrass Newt? I thought that it was written somewhere that his feelings were as hard as a rock (Okay the exact words were that his head was as hard as a rock....) [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Actually, you and Walt are doing an excellent job overall, no I do not want it ( [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ), and although I push a bit now and then, all my posts should have an implied smiley unless I say that I am being serious.

It would have been nice if you or Walt had told us that the fan Clud was being moved to the floataway lounge. I only stumbled on it by accident! Can you let us know in the future when you are moving something. Thanks!

Archived