Weather in Athens in February

BeachBum6923

Hello all,

We are contemplating an Eastern Mediterranean cruise next February. I was curious, we start our cruise in Barcelona and will do a 14 day cruise encompassing, Ephesus, Turkey, Athens, Egypt, Sicily, Mallorca, etc. What will the weather be like during that time of year at these locations?

We will be coming from the Midwest so looking for a warm vacation, if possible. I understand the weather is NEVER predictable, but with this time frame in mind, what type of season is February?

Thank you and take care!

Check out a site like this one: http://www.wunderground.com/

You can see average and past actual temperatures for just about any destination.

As stated, February isn't a time you can count on warm weather at many places you list (except Egypt, which will be warm); however, you may get lucky and have decent temps.

• 2 weeks later...
Check out a site like this one: http://www.wunderground.com/

You can see average and past actual temperatures for just about any destination.

As stated, February isn't a time you can count on warm weather at many places you list (except Egypt, which will be warm); however, you may get lucky and have decent temps.

Thanks for the info everyone! Will it rain or snow in February? Is it the rainy season or simply just winter? I'm seriously hesitating because of the winter weather, but we will be coming from 0-20 degree temps in Fahrenheit! So 35-50 isn't so bad... I would like to get a sun tan, and hope Egypt is better.

Thanks for the info everyone! Will it rain or snow in February? Is it the rainy season or simply just winter? I'm seriously hesitating because of the winter weather, but we will be coming from 0-20 degree temps in Fahrenheit! So 35-50 isn't so bad... I would like to get a sun tan, and hope Egypt is better.

I strongly advise that you reconsider Feb and elect May or June. Cruising the Med in Feb is cheap for a reason. You'll get a nicer tan in May. :)

To me the best times to cruise the Med are April and October. The weather is not hot and humid as you have in the summer but nicer than say January and February plus you have far less crowds than in the summer.

In February you will have some chilly weather in several of these ports and a greater chance of rain.

Keith

Archived