Vietnam Visa

jawz33

Vietnam Visa. I have done the HCM several times and the ship has always done the paperwork for passengers visa's. I think one time we had to pay and it went onto our shipboard a/c but other visits there was no charge to passengers. With the "goings on" with SS who knows if there will be a charge. Things aren't like they used to be!!

I checked mysilversea account and under passport and visa requirements section, there is a link to traveldocs.com to verify visa requirements. Sadly, after arriving on the traveldocs Silversea webpage, none of the links work. Perhaps when my sailing date is closer it will work.

Thank you for sharing your experiences and replies. I checked mysilversea account and under passport and visa requirements section, there is a link to traveldocs.com to verify visa requirements. Sadly, after arriving on the traveldocs Silversea webpage, none of the links work. Perhaps when my sailing date is closer it will work.

I do not mean to alarmist. However, the OP does not state their nationality; plus, visa requirements can, and do, change over time - sometimes without notice (especially with countries such as China and Vietnam). What is true today may not be tomorrow.

I have a SS cruise booked. The 'Visa Information' section of my 'Voyage Confirmation' is outdated and incorrect. I have not been notified otherwise by SS.

Members on a CruiseCritic forum/board can provide anecdotal information only. It is not the place to garner reliable, current information as to visa requirements.

SS is better than most lines in that they provide the following -

For US citizens, visit www.traveldocs.com/silversea or guests can email silversea@traveldocs.com and indicate their nationality, voyage number and booking number to verify visa requirements.

For Australian citizens, visit www.visasdirect.com.au/silversea

However, remember the onus is ALWAYS on the passenger to insure they have the required documents - read the 'fine print'.

It's a good idea to check with your government shortly before leaving on your trip. :)

I do not mean to alarmist. However, the OP does not state their nationality; plus, visa requirements can, and do, change over time - sometimes without notice (especially with countries such as China and Vietnam). What is true today may not be tomorrow.

I have a SS cruise booked. The 'Visa Information' section of my 'Voyage Confirmation' is outdated and incorrect. I have not been notified otherwise by SS.

Members on a CruiseCritic forum/board can provide anecdotal information only. It is not the place to garner reliable, current information as to visa requirements.

For US citizens, visit www.traveldocs.com/silversea or guests can email silversea@traveldocs.com and indicate their nationality, voyage number and booking number to verify visa requirements.

However, remember the onus is ALWAYS on the passenger to insure they have the required documents - read the 'fine print'.

It's a good idea to check with your government shortly before leaving on your trip. :)

Very helpful. Thank you. I will double check our visas for the upcoming trip.

I do not mean to alarmist. However, the OP does not state their nationality; plus, visa requirements can, and do, change over time - sometimes without notice (especially with countries such as China and Vietnam). What is true today may not be tomorrow. It's a good idea to check with your government shortly before leaving on your trip.

Appreciate these wise comments and this good follow-up from Bill B. While we did not sail with Silversea or on an ocean cruise, we did super enjoy Vietnam and other countries in Southeast Asia earlier this year (as detailed below on my live/blog). Interesting, fascinating region with excellent history, culture, food, people, etc.

Good cruise lines such as Silversea will generally stay on top of these potentially changing needs. But, requirements can be adjusted and it can be different depending on the country from which you are traveling. If, as an example, you are just traveling to Vietnam by air or land, there are variables as to whether you need a single-entry or multiple-entry visa, how long you will be staying there, etc. It is easier, generally, when using a cruise line. Cambodia can have some "twists" to consider, maybe, too??!! For us and most from the USA, Hong Kong and Bangkok do not have visa requirements.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

SE Asia/Mekong River, Etc.! Just completed a Jan. 21-Feb. 20, 2018, first adventure through Southeast Asia with stops in Hong Kong and Bangkok, before traveling all over Vietnam and Cambodia. This includes seven days sailing on the Mekong River. Now at 25,834 views Lots of fun, interesting pictures!! See more at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2591474

Thanks Bill. I should have stated upfront that I am a US citizen traveling on a US passport. I did contact traveldocs and was told Silversea will distribute required visas in Vietnam.

If you received an emailed or paper confirm from Silversea, the information is contained in it.

Thanks for your help.

I received an email confimation from the TA after I booked the cruise. Under the header “Visa Requirements” it instructs passengers to visit travel.state.gov. I had already done that and found many contradictions. Again thanks

I agree with Bill B.

Just send an e mail to the address he provided.

And be very clear on not only your nationality but your plan in Vietnam.

There is a difference for example touring for the day and returning at night versus staying in a hotel in Vietnam at night or for that matter going from Vietnam to another country by flight. I am not saying these are relevant to you but be specific in your question to get the correct answer.

In 2018 for those guests on Silversea who visited Vietnam for the day or even two days but stayed on the ship at night a visa was arranged on board.

While Vietnam's policy has not changed for many years other than a few slight nuisances things can change and sometimes just a few months before arrival should there be some kind of "world event".

Keith