Avalon drink packages

Mr.Sunshine

I don't recall if there was a package offered, or not, on the Avalon cruise we were on. We paid as we went, and took advantage of the 1-2 happy hours/day and the drink of the day specials. Our bar tab was very reasonable (and we are used to the all-inclusive with Uniworld)

Robin

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

Avalon doesn't offer drink packages...it's added to your tab and payed for at the end of the cruise. The cost of drinks was pretty reasonable. If you are too worried, you can always bring some on board and mix in your room.

I’ll be on a Avalon cruise shortly and been curious about drink packages. 2 years ago on a Viking longship the beverage package was offered. Any insight

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Since beer and wine are included at lunch and dinner, and champagne at breakfast, that pretty well covers it for us, especially with two for ones at happy hour. I can't imagine needing more, but... if you're more into spirits, bring a bottle of whisky on board, mix your cocktail in your room, and bring it out to the lounge. No one will care. But I would refrain from bringing your bottle into the lounge or dining room.

Avalon doesn't offer drink packages...it's added to your tab and payed for at the end of the cruise. The cost of drinks was pretty reasonable. If you are too worried, you can always bring some on board and mix in your room.

No sorry the cost of drinks is not reasonable. Outside of the Happy hours a beer ran almost 7 euros (over $10 CAN). My wife doesn't drink but liked the virgin bloody mary's. They were 6.8 Euros. Those are not reasonable prices.

No sorry the cost of drinks is not reasonable. Outside of the Happy hours a beer ran almost 7 euros (over $10 CAN). My wife doesn't drink but liked the virgin bloody mary's. They were 6.8 Euros. Those are not reasonable prices.

Compared to what? Compared to a land bar/restaurant in Germany or France, that's normal. Compared to an ocean cruise, that's normal.

If you want the cheapest option, as noted, bring your own alcohol on board. We bought local beers & wine on board for drinks while we were getting ready for dinner, and we brought some bourbon for nightcaps too ;p

Compared to what? Compared to a land bar/restaurant in Germany or France, that's normal. Compared to an ocean cruise, that's normal.

If you want the cheapest option, as noted, bring your own alcohol on board. We bought local beers & wine on board for drinks while we were getting ready for dinner, and we brought some bourbon for nightcaps too ;p

I guess it all depends on the country you are in. Beers in Prague and Budapest were considerably cheaper. I'm sure local economies dictate all this.

Did 1 ocean cruise and had a promo drink package so didn't pay attention to drink prices. As we are a 1 drinker family, I didn't bring anything on board. Next time I would for sure.

This isn't an Avalon thing but more a Europe thing - all places I saw that had a virgin drink menu would not deviate from that. By and large all the virgin drinks offered were sweet fruity things. At a cafe in Budapest, my wife asked for a virgin bloody mary and was told they could do that but would have to charge the full price. Where we live any bar will make you a virgin anything and just charge for a non alcoholic. Not a hard thing to do.

• 2 weeks later...

You are misremembering this. We just came off Avalon. Full Price for a draft beer was 4.90 Euros. Happy Hour was 2.45. Even the regional bottle beer was only 4.90 full price.

• 2 weeks later...

Just came home from a Avalon cruise. No need for drink pkg. The wine is plentiful at lunch.

Dinner was beyond believe that amount of wine they poured. They never walked by the table without topping my wine up.

We had a couple of free drink coupons and had a hard time using them.

Total bill at end of 7 day cruise for both of us was $23.:D

Do the river cruise lines have a limit as to how much wine and/or spirits you can bring on board. I know our cruise line to Alaska in a couple of weeks only allows you to bring 2 bottles of wine aboard without having to pay the $18.00 corkage fee. They allow as much pop and water as you want.

Wondering about bottled water - regular or carbonated. Is it regularly available throughout the day or should I bring some on board. I usually drink a couple of bottles a day.

We are booked for our first ever River cruise for September 2019. Legendary Danube on Avalon's newest ship. As you can see, I''m an early planner!

We booked very early because we are a twosome and a single and Avalon is currently offering a single supplement waiver on quite a few of their cruises for 2019. it's a big saving for the single.

Wondering about bottled water - regular or carbonated. Is it regularly available throughout the day or should I bring some on board. I usually drink a couple of bottles a day.

We are booked for our first ever River cruise for September 2019. Legendary Danube on Avalon's newest ship. As you can see, I''m an early planner!

We booked very early because we are a twosome and a single and Avalon is currently offering a single supplement waiver on quite a few of their cruises for 2019. it's a big saving for the single.

Avalon was regular and we never went without. Always plenty avail on tours and in the room. I'm sure if you couldn't find a bottle, you need only ask a staff member and it will materialize.