Dining Times on the Sun??

Hi

Through reading various threads it seems as though dining times are different on the Sun from the Star. On the Star there were 2 dining times 6.15pm and 8.15 pm. What are they on the Sun? We are booked on first seating - due to the kids who will be dining with us. which restaurant on the Sun is the best - or are they the same? Also how much is the sushi and where do they have it?

cheers Rach

Hi

Through reading various threads it seems as though dining times are different on the Sun from the Star. On the Star there were 2 dining times 6.15pm and 8.15 pm. What are they on the Sun?

cheers Rach

The 1st sitting dinner is at 5.45pm. I can't remember the time for 2nd sitting.

Hi

Through reading various threads it seems as though dining times are different on the Sun from the Star. On the Star there were 2 dining times 6.15pm and 8.15 pm. What are they on the Sun? We are booked on first seating - due to the kids who will be dining with us. which restaurant on the Sun is the best - or are they the same? Also how much is the sushi and where do they have it?

cheers Rach

Hi Rach,

When we went on Sun last year the were 4 dinner sittings - 6.00, 6.30, 8.00 and 8.30 (two sittings - 1 early, 1 late - in each restuarant).

Both restuarants are about the same. You don't get to choose the restuarant, only the sitting time (early/late).

I can't remeber how much it is, but the sushi, and prawns and oysters, are sold next to the Gazebo Bar on the Promenade deck. On the formal nights they might offer prawns or oysters served to your table in the dining room (addtional cost).

Kym

The 1st sitting dinner is at 5.45pm. I can't remember the time for 2nd sitting.

5.45pm...really that early? I was under the impression from the T.A 1st stitting is at 6.15pm and 2nd is 8.15pm. Dosent really matter though, as long as we all get fed:D

Dinner chimes..........Ladies and Gentleman, dinner is now served in the Burgundy Restaurant. Ladies and Gentleman, we wish you all.... "BON APPETITO"

:D :D :D :D

That brought a smile to my face.

Doesn't that make you want to cruise again?

Jenny

>^..^<

Dinner chimes..........Ladies and Gentleman, dinner is now served in the Burgundy Restaurant. Ladies and Gentleman, we wish you all.... "BON APPETITO"

:D :D :D :D

That brought a smile to my face.

Doesn't that make you want to cruise again?

Jenny

>^..^<

It sure does Jenny!

5.45pm...really that early? I was under the impression from the T.A 1st stitting is at 6.15pm and 2nd is 8.15pm. Dosent really matter though, as long as we all get fed:D

The TA and also if you ring carnival will tell you there are only two seatings 6.15 and 8.30.

I think nearly every time there are 4 (5 if you included kids dinner)

5.45 and 8.00 in one dining room and 6.15 and 8.30 in the other. I think the late time are correct.

They choose the resturant based on where your cabin is on the ship.

Back of the ship - back resturant. Forward ship the front restuarant.

We were midships and they had us in the front resturant. Our table arrangement was not suitable for us. That resturant was full so they relocated us to the back resturant. No difference really.

My theory is back of ship they send half passengers to front dining room to make you walk so you don't put on too much weight and are hungrier for your meal:D

Most sitting in the Burgundy room (front) had cabins back of ship. We were E194, another E199, U154...

We were on 2nd sitting at 8.15 and that suited us as we were able to relax and not race to get ready. Then we went to the show and watched the band after. It would be very late if you have young children as usually we didn't leave dining room till after 10 as we were having sooooo much fun!!

Oysters were offered for $14 doz - natural kilpatrick or mornay, they can only serve them up to 4 days into cruise. We had half doz each, yum.

Had the biggest table of 10 as we wanted which was fun as there was a good mix of people and if one couple didn't turn up, although none of us wanted to miss eachothers company, then you wouldn't be left sitting on your own.

Lunch and Breakfast was in Bordeaux and twice I managed to ask and get a table just for the two of us, sometimes you just don't feel like socializing. I don't think they like to give you your own table but there was a particularly sympathetic waiter.:)

Our first cruise we were in E110 (midship) and we were seated in the Bordeaux room (back of ship). Next cruise we were in E109 and were seated in the Burgundy room (front of ship)

I think that throws all the theories out the window.

Maybe they just pull names out of a hat:D

Karen

Archived