Welcome Home Leah67

Rallo

Hope you had a wonderful time. I am dying to hear all about it as you did the same cruise that we are doing next Saturday and I want to hear all about your experience. I hope you get time to do a review this week before we set sail. I especially want to know what theme nights you had and how was embarkation and what you did ashore and how was the weather etc etc etc!! Please please please log on and fill us all in.

Sherrie

My hubby & I were supposed to be on this cruise (R629) but had to cancel. His Mum had to go to hospital and nearly died the day before we were due to leave. (She eventually came out of the coma and is now doing quite well.) I’ll let you know if our travel insurance - Defence Health - will reimburse for this.

But our friends who were on it said it was great. Good food, great entertainment. The weather great and the sea mostly calm (all days except last Thursday). Had a go at line dancing and enjoyed the trivia. Even won some money on the pokies, apparently.

When I asked them about their theme nights, they said they didn’t have any audience participation nights (which they had experienced before on the Sun) but had 2 formal nights, an Island night and a Rock N Roll night.

They said that the embarkation was a farce and the worst part of the trip. Apparently P&O didn’t want people to get there early as it just caused backlog. But our friends said at least coming early (9am) they got their bags loaded then and by the time they got to their cabin, the bags were already there. They said the lines were very slow moving to get on board, but at least the weather was fine. They felt sorry for the ones leaving the day they arrived back, as it was overcast and drizzly. Everyone just has to line up in the rain.

Don't think we can even consider another trip away while my MIL is alive. Or the same thing might happen again. It would have been worse if we had already left as we may have been mid-ocean or somewhere equally awkward to return from.

My hubby & I were supposed to be on this cruise (R629) but had to cancel. His Mum had to go to hospital and nearly died the day before we were due to leave. (She eventually came out of the coma and is now doing quite well.) I’ll let you know if our travel insurance - Defence Health - will reimburse for this.

Hi Libby48,

How sad for you to have had to cancel. I hope you can plan for another. I will be interested to hear how you go with your insurance. We are covered if a relative gets ill, as long as they live here in Australia...just happens that most of mine live OS!

PS> I didn't want to lug raincoats & umbrellas around but have now reluctantly added them to my list....

Cheers

Archived