Weather/Clothings

dt14

Hi all

First time cruise. Going on Carnival Miracle from LA on 12/17. Wondering what kind of weather it will be this time around when you are sailing. Specifically, do we need to pack jackets/long sleeves for evenings/mornings? How cold it gets when you are on the sea in December? Appreciate any feedback from experienced cruisers.

Thanks!

Assuming you’re on a Mexican Riviera cruise? It can be cool leaving Long Beach, warming up as you go south.

We always bring some sort of a jacket. We got off the Miracle two weeks ago. I was fine with my thin cardigan, others were completely bundled up.

Weather in LA is hit and miss in December...Often, it's very warm in December...but we do get about two weeks worth of cold, rainy days in LA each year--that's all--and they could fall anywhere between about October and March...BUT, since you're leaving soon, know that of late, the highs have been in the 80s...

As you get down to the Mexican ports, it typically only gets warmer...

BUT, this is your first cruise, right? So, you are more concerned with the temperatures at sea? Well...what you have to realize is that most of the time when you are at sea, you will find yourself INSIDE....in air conditioned interiors...So, expect the temperatures to be what you might find inside any public building...

Sure, if you go out on deck--which really only means the top deck or pool area or on your private balcony if you have one, it could be chilly at times or windy in places (not much because even the pool deck has a glass window around it...

So, I usually just pack my ordinary clothes--shorts and t-shirts for the days and long pants for nights (since the dining rooms typically require long pants, not because I'm cold)...

I don't pack any heavy jackets or cold-weather gear EXCEPT a nylon windbreaker--in case of rain--and, maybe a sweatshirt. I don't want to schlep around a lot of heavy clothing I won't need--the windbreaker and sweatshirt don't take much space and I usually don't get around to wearing them--just there as a precaution...

Have fun!

Thanks Bruin; very helpful.

SadieN- yes it is Mexican Riviera

Keith- here is the itin:

12/17/2017Los Angeles (Long Beach), CA----4:30 PM

12/18/2017Fun Day At Sea--------12/19/2017Cabo San Lucas, Mexico9:30 AM4:00 PM

12/20/2017Puerto Vallarta, Mexico9:00 AM9:00 PM

12/21/2017Fun Day At Sea--------12/22/2017Fun Day At Sea--------12/23/2017Los Angeles (Long Beach), CA9:00 AM----