No Smoking Room?

seabourndt

I Notice Looking At The P&o Brochure That There Is No Smokiong Rooms On Their Ships, Is This Correct?

I Do Like To Go There At Nyt After The Show For A Cigar. Never Mind I'm Glad I Have A Balcony. Any Rules Governing Bringing Drinks On Board?

Dave

We have just been on the Aurora & have notice that 3 more areas have become non smoking. We don't smoke so it didn't apply directly to us.

There is no problem taking your own drink on board. The prices in the bars are pub prices.

My husband took a bottle of southern comfort, but it was just as cheap on the ship & you can buy it to drink in your cabin.

Chez

:-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

P&O policy is to "ask" passengers not to smoke pipes or cigars anywhere indoors, though cigarettes are allowed in designated areas of most bars. As an ardent non smoker I find this puzzling as cigarette smoke is much more irritating to me than pipe or cigar smoke, but I suppose they must have their reasons. It's also strange that you can smoke anything that's legal on your balcony as this is much more likely to bother other passengers. On a recent two week cruise the only time I was bothered by anyone smoking was twice when my next door neighbour's smoke drifted our way. Even worse was the next morning when our balcony floor was covered in their cigarette ash. I'm reasonably certain the smoke and the ash came from one of the celebrity guest speakers who lectured on various health topics including "how to look after your heart"!

We have just returned from a cruise on the Arcadia and found that the indoor areas for smoking were very small or noisy, in the case of the piano bar.

It appears that P & O are making smoking areas smaller and we found several times that they were full. They do say that you can smoke outside, once again in certain areas, but who would be desparate to smoke outside in low temperatures and rain?

Are smokers the "unclean"

Archived