Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:13 PM.
39 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Hi,

Our family of 4 (From YYZ) will be sailing the Bliss in coming Aug. We are trying to combine this with a visit to the Yellowstone Nat Park post cruise. But it looks like flight arrangements may be quite an hassle. For now my plan is to to fly in to YVR (flying into SEA is always preferred but with the layover and the taxes combined it seems flying into YVR and renting a car and dropping off at SEA is still cheaper and give us more time). The issue is the flying out from SEA , the Bliss is scheduled to arrive back SEA at 8am , I have searched and find next to no flight flying out from SEA to either SLC or JAC in the afternoon, the only one I found is at 1pm. Is a 1pm departure too tight ? Not sure if assuming a 10am disembarkation and with SEA traffic will be able to make it. Also any recommendation as to preference of flying into SLC or JAC? It seems like if flying into JAC , I will not get there till the night time anyways so I will have to stay overnight in one of the limited number of accomodations in JAC before driving in to the park the next day. SLC seem to have a wider selection of accomodations and cheaper rentals however driving to the park will be an extra 2-3 hrs (which we are ok).

Thanks in advance
Bloomington MN USA
2,795 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
With a walk off (645am) you will have absolutely no problem pulling this off with any flight departing after 10am.
Your SEA-SLC flight will be about 2 hours long and an hour time zone change.
Renting a car to (West) Yellowstone Jackson Hole Grand Tetons no problem here except do not feed the
beehive state patrol getting there.

This is one of the most interesting post cruise activities I have seen - outstanding enjoy !
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
*** Thanks for your visit contribution and participation here at Cruise Critic ! ***
www = waves wheels and wings aka cruise ships trains and planes

NCL Dawn 10506, Quebec-Boston B2B 2nd leg 10/19-10/26
NCL Dawn 12522, Boston-Quebec B2B 1st leg 10/12-10/19
NCL Sun, 1203, Ship Positioning YVR-SFO 9/17
NCL Dawn, 12522, Boston-Quebec City-Boston B2B 9/16
NCL Dawn, 12030, Western Caribbean MSY-MSY 1/15
NCL Star, 12012, Panama Canal WB MIA-LAX 10/14
NCL Sun, 1010, SB Alaska ANC-YVR 07/13
Holland-America Westerdam, 8099, Alaska SEA-SEA 06/11
Carnival Victory, 8327, Southern Caribbean SJU-SJU 02/09
Carnival Spirit, 7154, SB Alaska ANC-YVR 08/07
Carnival Pride, 6137, MEX Riviera LGB-LGB 04/07