Removing third passenger

CaraLark

Evening. Hoping seasoned travellers might be able to give me some advice. We booked a cruise for later this year, and have paid in full.

Our son no longer wants to come (who’d want a free holiday anyway... :rolleyes:)

Will it be possible to remove him from the booking - are we likely to get any monies back? He’s the third occupant in a superior deluxe balcony.

Thanks - be good to have some info before I ring tomorrow.

Edited by CaraLark
Spelling ��

Was there a deal on the 3rd passenger fare? I'm guessing that you paid in full because you booked a saver fare, if so, I understand that there is a no cancellation policy. You would need to check the full T&C's of your booking.

Kids, Right! If there is no chance of a refund, just leave him on the booking (he might change his mind later)

Edited by Tom Baker
adendum

Kids eh? I really hope that he changes his mind and goes with you on holiday, he doesn’t know what he’s missing.

I shared one of those cabins on Ventura with my mum and eldest son which had an offer on the third occupant (son was 20 at the time of sailing). We had a good time together, it was son’s second cruise, first one was on Black Watch so quite different. However he has decided that cruising is not for him, he got a little bit seasick and that may have put him off. He also is not a fan of the evening shows!

Has your son cruised before?

Thanks for the replies. We hadn't booked a saver deal, but had the money available to pay for the cruise - had not long moved house and with 'new house' spending wanted to ensure we didn't forget about paying for the cruise, so paid it early - interest rates are fairly awful anyway!

Son has cruised before (same ship, same cabin type) and really really enjoyed it - however he has since become an 'adult' and no longer needs to listen to us... and anything we do is 'totally lame'. He's been dithering for months about coming on the cruise. Rang P&O who were ace and we can remove him and just lose the £50 deposit, which I can cope with. He's got two weeks to decide, or I'll decide for him!