Anyone have feedback on The Fortune House Hotel in Briskell?

iluvcruises

We are staying the night before our cruise at the Fortune House in Briskell. Can anyone tell me how this hotel is? The reviews seems good but how is the location? We are flying into Fort Lauderdale airport so we will have a car rental. What are some sights or must see things to do, places to eat, etc. Also, is parking expensive going to different places in Miami with the rental? Thanks for any info!

I can tell you that the location is ideal. You are less than a block from the water and within a short walking distance to many restaurants and shops, including Brickell Citi Centre. You also have a free trolley stop close by and the free Metro movers stops close by.

I can’t offer you an opinion on what the hotel side is as I have not personally stayed there but do know people who rent and live in the building and they really like it.

As far as where to eat, all depends on what kinds of food and price range you are looking for. Brickell will have everything from cheaper Taco places to very expensive restaurants. Perhaps you can give posters on here an idea of what you like and I’m sure you will get lots of options & opinons on places.

Parking is not extremely expensive but that depends on what type of parking fees you are used to.

Are you coming in early in the day? If not, I don't see a need for a rental car. The hotel is very close to the port and in a fantastic location where you have plenty to see and do for the day within walking distance or using the free public transit via the Metromover or trolley/bus system.

As for food. The options are endless in Brickell/Downtown Miami. Do you want something Miami? Latin? Higher end? Casual? It is all there.

Must see and do depends on how much time you have really. What time do you arrive in FLL?

• 4 weeks later...

We just stayed at the Fortune House this past spring for the night before our last cruise. Overall, we really liked it. It was the first time we stayed in the Brickell area so we didn't really know what we were doing but it's a very walkable area with lots of bars and restaurants. We also flew into FLL that afternoon, took an Uber both to the hotel and to the port in the morning. Only issue we ran into with that was crossing a bridge on the way to the port-we got caught as they were opening it so we sat for quite a bit (nobody's fault...and really only a 15 minute delay at the most)

Again, we didn't have much of a plan, we just wondered around, had appetizers at a cute open air place, then more at a sports bar (NCAA championship was going on) then to a rooftop bar. I apologize as I don't remember the names to any of them but there were plenty of options w/ in a 10 minute walk. Like any major city, drinks were on the high side, but most places had a happy hour or specials.

The hotel lobby was small, but very modern and clean and service was top notch. The room we had was good, felt very much like a condo but nice. We even took a late night swim in the pool and hot tub. We got a great price on Hotwire in comparison to other hotels in the area so we feel like we got a great value and would book it again.