Bringing wine onboard

cruisincorgi

Ok great thanks cannot Understand how wine is allowed but soft drinks are not

I've seen soda get out of hand with parties of four each hauling a case aboard. Just a zoo at check-in. More profit and less expense for the cruise line to just ban it.

For wine, we brought some onboard in October from Manhattan. It had to be out of the bag and taken to a separate table where the bottle was tagged and given back to us. If you do this, make sure to tell them you are carrying it on, or they'll just take it and store it until you return (like a duty free purchase). Why they think people would do that at the beginning of the cruise is beyond me.

I've seen soda get out of hand with parties of four each hauling a case aboard. Just a zoo at check-in. More profit and less expense for the cruise line to just ban it.

For wine, we brought some onboard in October from Manhattan. It had to be out of the bag and taken to a separate table where the bottle was tagged and given back to us. If you do this, make sure to tell them you are carrying it on, or they'll just take it and store it until you return (like a duty free purchase). Why they think people would do that at the beginning of the cruise is beyond me.

We saw the cases of soda being taken onboard on our first cruise at the first port and it was a pain to get past people getting back on

We were in the haven so had the chance to sit at the port side and relax for a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very easy answer. Wine gets charged $15. It is also a nod to those with sophisticated wine palettes.

There never was a charge for soda. But folks often tried to smuggle booze onboard in them.

There never was a charge for soda. But folks often tried to smuggle booze onboard in them.

One of the reasons that water is not allowed either. IT only takes a few to spoil it for everyone. Wait till they catch someone carrying spirits in wine bottles!!!!

Hello. Does NCL allow you to bring a bottle or 2 of wine aboard without charging you a corkage fee? Thanks.

nope: you have to pay a $15 charge when you board the ship regardless where you plan on drinking it. Now with the UBP we no longer bother with bringing ours on. It isn't worth the money or the hassle. Most lines have stopped allowing wine to be brought; some still do but they charge a higher corkage fee.

Too bad bottled water is now excluded. This was done to add revenue , simple as that. It would easy to allow cans of soda and sealed packs of water.

NCL is constantly looking to increase revenues, ie: increasing DSC, making Suite guests pay increased rates and gratuities on promos etc.

glad we can still bring wine, insuring a quality pour while onboard ��. Cheers to all and Happy New Year �� ��.

May the new year be a healthy and prosperous one.

Edited by phissy

Too bad bottled water is now excluded. This was done to add revenue , simple as that. It would easy to allow cans of soda and sealed packs of water.

NCL is constantly looking to increase revenues, ie: increasing DSC, making Suite guests pay increased rates and gratuities on promos etc.

glad we can still bring wine, insuring a quality pour while onboard ��. Cheers to all and Happy New Year �� ��.

May the new year be a healthy and prosperous one. ��

Of course it is! NCL is a company that has stockholders that it answers to and who want dividends on their shares. NCL is not a charity, nor is it a not for profit organization. Its all about increasing revenue and people don't seem to mind all that much because they are still cruising.

May the new year be a healthy and prosperous one. ��

you do realize other lines are following NCL on the water and soda issue don't you? Of course it has to do with revenue, but it also has to do with the time it takes to check and see how many of those, so called water bottles have something other than water in them. It is a combination of issues. If water is important all one has to do is bring a few empty water bottles or containers and use the water in on the ship. It is that simple. That is what many of us do.

We recently took a bottle of champagne for Christmas in our carry-on. We took it thru security & nobody said anything so we never had to pay a fee!

I didn’t have to pay for a bottle of wine on our last cruise. It was Fleet Week in NYC, it was a bit crazy, they didn’t even have a table set up. It made me regret not bringing another bottle (decided at the last minute my bag was too heavy). I paid the fee on other cruises,

We recently took a bottle of champagne for Christmas in our carry-on. We took it thru security & nobody said anything so we never had to pay a fee!

Happened to us with 3 bottles we bought at a stop in Greece. My wife put the bag through the x-ray expecting them to hold it for the end of the cruise but nobody said anything so we took it on board. Our intent was to bring it home but we ended up drinking one of the three.

I hear some desperate passengers are successfully smuggling Coca-cola products aboard inside old bottles of Cabernet Sauvignon at $15/bottle so they don’t have to deal with those Pepsi products.

Yes... I understand that.

(wonder how many don't?)