Penguin Parking?

moseswilliams

We have used Penguin Parking - about twenty minutes back to the ship - longer if a number of ships in. The instructions to find are clear, even though on an industrial estate. Never had any problems. Not planning to use this year - thought we would try the train for a change.

I know that CPS is quite pricy but for convenience and peace of mind, I think it is worth the extra that you pay. Dropped of outside the terminal and collecting from a short walk away (100ish metres) could not be better.

I know that CPS is quite pricy but for convenience and peace of mind, I think it is worth the extra that you pay. Dropped of outside the terminal and collecting from a short walk away (100ish metres) could not be better.

Another vote for CPS for all the above reasons. Used them many times and SO convenient. Yes, you leave them your keys but we always remove our house keys from the ring. It is only a car and is insured if anything should go wrong

Dont like the fact that it is also a public car park open to anyone and there is no security except for cctv.

I think your confusing Penguin with some other car park . It's not a public car park, Google it and check it out.

Back to the poster ... We find it good and have used them several times now , they are just over the water at Marchwood and your car is very secure , otherwise I would never leave our car with them .

I tried Penguin Parking for a change and as a money saver. The arrival by Sat Nav went pear shaped in the first instance as we arrived at a hospital using the post-code. This was sorted out by going for a "street". On arrival at the car park we found a nice cabin, toilets plus a free mineral water offer. They give you laminated instructions on how you return. A short wait and a mini-bus took us to the ship.

On the return journey, you need to look for the hi-viz people in Pink tabards and a penguin sign. They radio up extra mini buses if a queue develops. Similar journey back to their base and collecting your car.

Straight forward system, seems pretty safe and I would use it again.

Regards John

Parking4cruises offer just a good a service and are generally a lot cheaper than CPS. You drop your car off and pick it up in short stay car park opposite terminal at Ocean Terminal and on disembarking is a shorter walk to your car than CPS and because not so many people easier to get off the car park and on your way home.

we used CPS for the first time last week. On arrival at the dock we had a 45 minute wait in very long queues until we could unload our bags! We arrived at the exact time we were supposed to so of course were late boarding. dont' know if this is usual, but has put us off for the future.

we used CPS for the first time last week. On arrival at the dock we had a 45 minute wait in very long queues until we could unload our bags! We arrived at the exact time we were supposed to so of course were late boarding. dont' know if this is usual, but has put us off for the future.

Sometimes this happens but never on two night cruises. The delay is caused by needing to wait for a mini bus of car jockeys to return. It is fairly unusual but I have opted for hotel parking on occasions because of this possibility.

Regards John

I use a wheelchair, so with that and lugging our suitcases on and off buses my husband finds this too much for him, so we always use CPS. Park outside terminal, porters take your luggage. When you disembark helpful porters help you with luggage while your companion wheels you out to you car; five minutes. If you book Select parking is included.

Have used Penguin parking several times always found them excellent. You do not have to wait long for the shuttle to take you to the dock or collect you on return. As already said it is NOT a public car park
We have also used Penguin Parking several times and have found them to be excellent.

Although CPS offer the best and most convenient service (at a cost), it is quite common to have to wait in holding lanes for a while before they call you forward to unload. Like many things connected with the P&O embarkation process, they make a bit of a meal of it, until you get to the drop off lane where it is usually very slick. We have always used CPS and never used Penguin, but we are trying Parking4Cruises for the first time in September as it was less than half the price of CPS so we declined the ‘free’ parking offered by P&O and took an extra slug of OBC, less than half of which was needed to pay for the parking. The service and convenience is much closer to CPS than Penguin is (e.g. no transfer needed) so that might be worth checking out as a comparison.

One of the main things I look for is my car is not getting moved a few miles a few miles down the road .

There is loads of dash cam footage of cars being moved by various parking companies which are based up and down the country .

I have seen how some cars are driven at Manchester airport, our hotel room was overlooking a

car holding area . Watching them some drivers were good but a few were not good.

This may not happen in Southampton but can we be sure it does not ?

This is a good example of a driver who does not realise the dash cam is filming ...

I prefer the car stays put and they transfer me :)

Used them as well in April secure compound they will move your car once to park and then back to the pick up point staying within their compound. you can opt to pay extra to park yourself in a designated area if its available but you do have to leave your car key with them. I have found their service to be good and a free cold bottle of water pp on your return to your car most welcome...

Dont like the fact that it is also a public car park open to anyone and there is no security except for cctv.

We used Penguin Parking. Great customer service and it's not a public car park. It is dedicated to parking cruise customers cars only. Couldn't recommend highly enough.

We used CPS last week and queued for 45 minutes in the holding lanes. This is the first time we had to queue in 9 years, we did arrive earlier than our allocated time, but when we got into the terminal we were ushered straight through to check in.

Had a great experience with Penguin Parking. It was so easy and the site was really clean (including the toilets) and we were given bottles of cold water for our journey home. Will always use Penguin Parking in the future. (y)(y)