Transportation Port Everglades to Fort Lauderdale airport (FLL) to pick up rental car

crusin'k

We will be arriving at Port Everglades on Oct 21 and have to get to Fort Lauderdale airport to pick up a rental car to drive back home. What is the best way to get from the port to the airport car rental area? I remember we did this a while ago and the port shuttles for the car rental agencies do not go to the airport. They go to the off-site rental agencies. Anyone have advice?

I just looked up renting from Port agencies. I can rent the car through Costco from FLL and return the car in Naples or Ft Myers for $67. If I rent from a Port Everglades site to our home it is $147-214!

With such a small price difference I would rent from a Port site unless there's like 100 ships in port that day and the lines exploding! Just make sure a free shuttle is provided:

• Hertz
  • Sixt
  • Enterprise (two locations but no shuttles to/from cruise terminals)
  • Dollar/Thrifty
  • Ace
  • Budget
  • Avis (two locations but only one with free shuttle)
  • Fox (no free shuttle)
  • Alamo
  • Payless

With such a small price difference I would rent from a Port site unless there's like 100 ships in port that day and the lines exploding! Just make sure a free shuttle is provided:

• Hertz
  • Sixt
  • Enterprise (two locations but no shuttles to/from cruise terminals)
  • Dollar/Thrifty
  • Ace
  • Budget
  • Avis (two locations but only one with free shuttle)
  • Fox (no free shuttle)
  • Alamo
  • Payless

I've actually been pricing rental cars today. I'll need to return the car at the airport before I fly out. If I pick up and drop off at the airport, a particular car through budget is $89. If I select the cruise port shuttle option for pick up, and return to the airport location the price changes to $148! It's not necessarily a small price difference.

I've actually been pricing rental cars today. I'll need to return the car at the airport before I fly out. If I pick up and drop off at the airport, a particular car through budget is $89. If I select the cruise port shuttle option for pick up, and return to the airport location the price changes to $148! It's not necessarily a small price difference.

I was responding to the quotes posted by the OP! Your situation is clearly different and calling for a different plan!

It is a relatively inexpensive & fast taxi ride for us, since we don't do "ride sharing". There also used to be a city bus, which we jumped on rather than waiting in a long line for a taxi.