Must haves for an Alaskan Cruise

hollyisu

I bought the Nikon Prostaffs referenced in earlier post as a gift for someone. I havent used them yet but compared them to others in the store and they were very nice - clear and crisp and lightweight for their size. Leupold BX-1 8x30 Porro was also nice and just under $100.

A small day pack. I found this to be very useful. Weather conditions can change quickly. The back pack can carry rain gear and warm clothes if you're not wearing them. If you're wearing them and the weather changes, you can take items off and carry them in the back pack. You can also carry bottled water, sun screen and bug repellant.

A full zip fleece is essential because the temperature can change so rapidly. I'd also actually advise against a scarf, I had one and it wasn't very practical.

Here's more on what to wear and why...

[YOUTUBE]gtguw4gm7FU[/YOUTUBE]

I would say waterproof foot wear, weather you buy the spray and waterproof your shoes. Or buy waterproof shoes. Alaska can be pretty rainy, in some areas bug spray can be highly recommended due to mosquitos as well.

So... I could waterproof my sneakers and they would be ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My husband and I are going next June (land and cruise), and I bought him a nice set of binoculars for Christmas. People who have cruised Alaska and toured the interior say they are a must. These Nikon 16031 Prostaff 3S Roof Prism Waterproof Binocular, 10x42 got good reviews on Amazon.

Great Binoculars! I have two sets of those myself. You will not be disappointed!