Silver Moon - $150 vs. $120 tour

cloudydrms

I'm going to book either Silver Moon or Calabaza catamaran tour for my husband and I on our stop in Barbados in February. Both companies get great reviews. Silver Moon has a $150 cruise and a $120 cruise. Does anyone know the difference between the two? I asked but didn't get much of an answer...upgraded bar and different boat. OK, but how is it different. Does anyone know?

Thanks.

Cindy

. Does anyone know the difference between the two? I asked but didn't get much of an answer...upgraded bar and different boat. OK, but how is it different. Does anyone know?

Thanks.

Cindy

I think you answered your own question: Upgraded bar, different boat.

Also, I was told that they don't allow kids on the nicer (more costly) cruise. That alone is worth the extra cost to some people.

I was in Barbados a few weeks ago out on Calabaza, and saw the 2 Silver Moon cats. One is definitely sleeker, prettier, and probably newer than the other.

Yeah, but what does upgraded bar mean? Are we tallking only beer and rum punch on one and a total full bar on the other or just better rum on the more expensive one? And the boat...is one smaller? Or a question I'd really like answered - is there more seating on the more expensive boat vs. having to sit on the big net out front all day because with my back issues I probably couldn't do that all day or is it just nicer seating? I know I'm nit picking here but I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth $30 more pp to do the more expensive one. We don't drink much, but I might like to have a rum and coke rather than rum punch and I might like to sit in a chair vs. on a net sometimes. Don't know if that's worth $30 but just trying to figure that out.

Cindy

Did they not respond to your specific questions on the "contact us" form?

I was on the web site a few months ago and a live chat feature popped up, but I don't see it now.

As I recall, that person told me that there were premium liquor brands on the one, and she also mentioned the kid-free aspect. Which you choose also depends on when you are going. The kid-free one was not available the date and time I booked in March.You can see the schedule on their web site.

Ask them, I'm sure they will respond.

Not so sure about the kid free aspect weekends however it did state 18 and over Monday through Friday. The bar and good menu are also upgraded. Top shelf alcohol such as GG vodka Johnny walker black label mount gay old rum etc. Juices include cranberry tomato and clam juice as well as wine and prosecco. I personally think it's worth the extra $30.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Forums mobile app

I've been on Silvermoon but only on the cheaper one. We had a fabulous time. I had wine and my husband had scotch or whiskey. Can't remember which one now. The boat had the net but also had regular seating outside underneath a canopy as well as some seating inside.

I honestly don't see the need for the more expensive one. The only way I would do the expensive one if the cheaper one was sold out and that's all that was left. They have three boats. Moondance which is the newer, Silvermoon and Silvermoon II. I've also noticed on the website that the newer Moondance doesn't always do the more expensive tour.

Also, could have been the time of year but we didn't have any kids on our sail. It was all adults. There we only 8 as well. The boat wasn't full since they will take out up to 12. Good luck.

Silvermoon 2 is the smallest catamaran with mostly outdoor space, think its 45 feet long. Silvermoon is the newest and biggest cat at 62 feet. Moondance is also new and around 55 feet long, this is a power catamaran with no sails if thats important to you. It usually cruises at low "sailing" speeds, but i did see it pass our hotel last week at probably around 20 knots.

I've been on Silvermoon but only on the cheaper one. We had a fabulous time. I had wine and my husband had scotch or whiskey. Can't remember which one now. The boat had the net but also had regular seating outside underneath a canopy as well as some seating inside.

I honestly don't see the need for the more expensive one. The only way I would do the expensive one if the cheaper one was sold out and that's all that was left. They have three boats. Moondance which is the newer, Silvermoon and Silvermoon II. I've also noticed on the website that the newer Moondance doesn't always do the more expensive tour.

Also, could have been the time of year but we didn't have any kids on our sail. It was all adults. There we only 8 as well. The boat wasn't full since they will take out up to 12. Good luck.

There's no difference in the tours on Silvermoon and moondance. They both do 2 snorkel stops and a beach stop. All depends on sea conditions and they will honour requests from guests. All this info was clarified by the company.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Forums mobile app