Washy Washy Happy Happy

ProfDen

I have heard from several that some of the friendliest crew members on NCL are the Washy Washy Happy Happy team.

Would it be considered rude or inappropriate to give them an extra tip? It seems that they can put the grumpiest or snobbiest cruisers in a great mood from all reports.

Any Happy Happy Washy Washy funny stories to share?

:):D

I agree! They really are the friendliest people. My mother, on our last cruise, was so impressed with one girl at the buffet. My mom even asked to take a picture with her. She was so nice about it and obliged. She even took one with her own phone, it was so sweet.

I have heard from several that some of the friendliest crew members on NCL are the Washy Washy Happy Happy team.

Would it be considered rude or inappropriate to give them an extra tip? It seems that they can put the grumpiest or snobbiest cruisers in a great mood from all reports.

I'm sure they would love your tip!

I agree, they seem to be the happiest staff on the boat but I wonder if they get that job because they are so effusive. Talk to them away from that job when they are somewhere else and they are not over-happy when their turn comes round.

• 1 year later...

yeah I tipped them, the washy washy guy and his guitarist mate got a paltry $10 from me on the last day and the big smiles and thanks told me that it doesn't happen often enough. Made my day every day. "I wanna wash your hands.." to the Beatles, classic.

:D

The Sun had ones with musical talent and set the washy washy reminders to tunes people knew. I would find a table nearby so i can hear them during lunch They would sing La Bamba at the exit of the theatre after the we are Norwegian farewell. One if the little gems of the Sun

I think anytime someone wants to offer an extra tip to any crew member that goes above or makes you feel good that is wonderful.

The washy washy man and woman in Escape were like celebrities on our sailing last month. They got a special shoutout during Tylers pool game and during the final show friday night. One passenger recorded the guy singing and said he'd put it in youtube. I wrote vacation hero cards for them but they definitely deserve a tip. The woman was also working as a waitress in the Manhattan room.

going on my first cruise soon - but allergic to the hand sanitisers ( as well as most soaps, handwashes, facewash, perfumes etc etc the list goes on sadly) I can only use my own soap ( and will liberally) don't want to offend these good people is a polite no thank you enough or should I explain?

I too am allergic to the sanitizer...I have serious excema (dishydrosis) on my palms and fingers. I go out of my way to avoid the spray, and don't appreciate being criticized by others thinking I am not clean. I also bring my own soap onto the ship and use it "religiously". I am glad the sanitizer is there for those who can use it, but I should not be hated for not being able to.

I too am allergic to the sanitizer...I have serious excema (dishydrosis) on my palms and fingers. I go out of my way to avoid the spray, and don't appreciate being criticized by others thinking I am not clean. I also bring my own soap onto the ship and use it "religiously". I am glad the sanitizer is there for those who can use it, but I should not be hated for not being able to.

Hated!?

A wee bit dramatic, no?

bbryan5....the earlier post said " I have seen numerous passengers go way out of their way to avoid a spritz of hand sanitizer. I think they should give her a gun belt and sidearm." which seemed pretty hostile, so, NO, "hated " did not seem to me to be a "dramatic" response.