Private guide to do Sanctuary of truth and Nang Nooch

lindyloo17

We will arrive in laem chagbang on Wed 21st Feb 2018.

Decided Bangkok is too much traveling so would like to hire a driver and guide so we can go to sanctuary of truth and nang nooch .

Any recommendations please ?

And how much should we budget ?

Thank you

Get in touch with Sasa, a nice female guide with whom we toured last December in Bangkok. She did a good job, made an itinary according our wishes..

natadeee@windowslive.com

Mail het your questions/details and she will tell what is possible and what the costs will be.

Hopefully you are there with an overnight stay, since the drive to/from Bangkok might last 2 hours or more each way.

Thank you. No overnight stay on this cruise, so that's why we won't go to Bangkok... too much traveling and not enough time to really see and explore.

Bothe the places we want to see are in Pattaya. And I believe alot closer to the port 😀

Pattaya is indeed a lot closer, about 45 minutes by car.

Most cruiselines also offer just transportation.

Sasa lives in Bangkok so for her it will be the long drive to Laem Chabang, but you can check with her anyway of course.

I remember cabs were waiting at the port too.

You could contact bangkokasiatravel.com and the email is bangkokasiatravel@yahoo.com the gentleman's name is Mike. He will answer your emails, very quickly. His rates are very reasonable and will cater for your every need. He will offer suggestions for you too.

Places like Nong Nooch Botanical Gardens with elephant & cultural show, Floating Market, Sanctuary of Truth and much more

Good Luck :cool:

You could contact bangkokasiatravel.com and the email is bangkokasiatravel@yahoo.com the gentleman's name is Mike. He will answer your emails, very quickly. His rates are very reasonable and will cater for your every need. He will offer suggestions for you too.

Places like Nong Nooch Botanical Gardens with elephant & cultural show, Floating Market, Sanctuary of Truth and much more

Good Luck :cool:

You do not need to pay a guide for any of these just take a taxi fo the day, that us what we did in February

You do not need to pay a guide for any of these just take a taxi fo the day, that us what we did in February

Did you pre arrange your Taxi or did you just get it at the Port Terminal? Did you enjoy what you saw there?

Did you pre arrange your Taxi or did you just get it at the Port Terminal? Did you enjoy what you saw there?

We used the taxi rank that was next to where the ship was berthed. It was a good set up and you paid in USD cash. Nice clean, new taxi. We enjoyed all that we did. The floating market is new and set up for tourists but fun! Our taxi driver got our entrance tickets for us and even arranged for us to skip the queue. The Temple of Truth was fantastic! I think we paid around USD60 for the taxi, plus entrance fees. There were only 2 of us but it was much cheaper than using the ship.:cool:

We used the taxi rank that was next to where the ship was berthed. It was a good set up and you paid in USD cash. Nice clean, new taxi. We enjoyed all that we did. The floating market is new and set up for tourists but fun! Our taxi driver got our entrance tickets for us and even arranged for us to skip the queue. The Temple of Truth was fantastic! I think we paid around USD60 for the taxi, plus entrance fees. There were only 2 of us but it was much cheaper than using the ship.:cool:

Thank You so much for the information - this sounds really good, I think we will be using a taxi then, instead of our Tour Operator and guide, were there small minibus or people carrier vehicles available, for say 6 or 8 people?

If you do not mind me asking, what currency did you use for your entrance fees to the places you visited

Thanks again, very much appreciated :cool:

Great information ...thank you

I've changed my plans a little to

Sanctuary of truth (500 bht)

Pattaya floating market ( 200 bht)

Then big buddha Wat Phra yai.

So would like to know a rough guess how much a taxi ( no guide would be for the day)

I think I prefer to have to driver with us at all times .... rather than to try and grab cabs and sort fares out etc.

Seahappy 08

Thank you for the info. Was the taxi fare a hard bargain .... it's just cos we are 2 middle aged women who hate to barter etc... but I don't want to get ripped off either!!!

How many hours were you at the sights?

How long did you hire the driver for ?

We decided against nang nooch now.

Just doing sanctury of truth so we can see it all, and not rush

Did you see the shows there?

Floating market ...any tips?

and big buddha

Seahappy 08

Thank you for the info. Was the taxi fare a hard bargain .... it's just cos we are 2 middle aged women who hate to barter etc... but I don't want to get ripped off either!!!

How many hours were you at the sights?

How long did you hire the driver for ?

We decided against nang nooch now.

Just doing sanctury of truth so we can see it all, and not rush ��

Did you see the shows there?

Floating market ...any tips?

and big buddha ��

It was about USD 60 for the day from 09.00hrs to about 16.00hrs. On the quayside there was a taxi company that took bookings as we were there overnight we paid half the day before then half at the end of the tour. They wanted to be paid in USD. The taxi driver waited at the venue so we could stay as long as we wished, he was very helpful. We did not need a guide, every venue was safe. He parked in the shade so the car was nice and cool. You will need THB in cash for entrance fees. He looked after us well but we controlled how long we wanted to stay, we did tell him a general time we would meet him.

We went to ride elephants, then went to the Sactuary of Truth and saw the shows and had a cold drink. The floating market is a modern copy, but fun. We did eat off a stall there, which was fun and we stayed healthy. It was a great day and much better than expected!

Hi I too have found your info really helpful. Do you know if the taxis ONLY accept USD. We are from UK so would like to be prepared. Thanks

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app

I would GUESS they take Bhat too.

But I'm no expert 😁

We've decided to try and work out costs of our tours and change that amount to us dollars. We are from the UK too.

• 9 months later...

To seahappy08 (or anyone else who has done this?)

(To lindyloo17, please let us know how it goes!)

also interested in the port taxi system. Do you remember if there were vehicles available for more people? 6-8?

Is there only one place where the taxi's are available? I think I read something about a setup with a board that had set pricing so no haggling was needed. Is this what you used?

Thanks, any more information really appreciated! :)

Thank You so much for the information - this sounds really good, I think we will be using a taxi then, instead of our Tour Operator and guide, were there small minibus or people carrier vehicles available, for say 6 or 8 people?

If you do not mind me asking, what currency did you use for your entrance fees to the places you visited

Thanks again, very much appreciated :cool:

To seahappy08 (or anyone else who has done this?)

(To lindyloo17, please let us know how it goes!)

also interested in the port taxi system. Do you remember if there were vehicles available for more people? 6-8?

Is there only one place where the taxi's are available? I think I read something about a setup with a board that had set pricing so no haggling was needed. Is this what you used?

Thanks, any more information really appreciated! :)

On the two occasions we docked in Laem Chabang (most recent Nov 16), we pre-arranged a cab for six people. They didn't have any problem getting to the cruise terminal. It was good to know, in advance, that we had a cab for the day at a set price.

Hi Omega1,

do you mind letting me know the name of the company you used? Someone tried PT, but they refused. There seem to be more unsatisfied reports with PT lately anyway.

I tried another company and got a quote for a 3 person vehicle, but since then they have not responded to my repeated inquiries for a larger vehicle (they probably don't have one?)

Also, the quote I got for 3 people was 2200baht (about $67.67usd) for 8 hours, so in line with a taxi at the port anyway?

On the two occasions we docked in Laem Chabang (most recent Nov 16), we pre-arranged a cab for six people. They didn't have any problem getting to the cruise terminal. It was good to know, in advance, that we had a cab for the day at a set price.

Hi Omega1,

do you mind letting me know the name of the company you used? Someone tried PT, but they refused. There seem to be more unsatisfied reports with PT lately anyway.

I tried another company and got a quote for a 3 person vehicle, but since then they have not responded to my repeated inquiries for a larger vehicle (they probably don't have one?)

Also, the quote I got for 3 people was 2200baht (about $67.67usd) for 8 hours, so in line with a taxi at the port anyway?

Those seem like better prices than we had been quoted for just a transfer to Pattaya and back. I think then we may just wait and see once we get to the pier. Maybe others will join us and we can just grab a taxi.

Deluxe Van (2 passengers) for $1,500 baht each way.$1,500 x 2 for return trip = $3,000 or approx. $92 USD - $45/personFamily MPV (4 passengers) for $1,600 baht each way$1,600 x 2 for return trip = $ 3,200 or approx. $98 USD - $25/personVIP Van ( 8 passengers) for $2,000 baht each way$2,000 x 2 for return trip = $4,000 or approx. $122 USD - $15.50/person.Even for 6 people it is only around $20 USD.

Wow, that's just for a transfer?

I was under the impression that Laem Chabang and Pattaya is only about 30min away...

Those seem like better prices than we had been quoted for just a transfer to Pattaya and back. I think then we may just wait and see once we get to the pier. Maybe others will join us and we can just grab a taxi.

Deluxe Van (2 passengers) for $1,500 baht each way.$1,500 x 2 for return trip = $3,000 or approx. $92 USD - $45/personFamily MPV (4 passengers) for $1,600 baht each way$1,600 x 2 for return trip = $ 3,200 or approx. $98 USD - $25/personVIP Van ( 8 passengers) for $2,000 baht each way$2,000 x 2 for return trip = $4,000 or approx. $122 USD - $15.50/person.Even for 6 people it is only around $20 USD.

Hi Omega1,

We used Pattaya4Leisure.com

From memory we paid 3000baht ($93 approx) for a 6 seat vehicle.