Crossbody - travel bags

I always wear a cross body bag, no matter where I am. They're more secure, they can't fall off or be snatched off your shoulder.

Beach totes are for our non valuables like towels, sunscreen, etc.

If you have a small backpack I would bring that. I use a beach bag here when I go. Don't bring valuables to the beach, unless someone else is sitting with your stuff. For going in the water, they make waterproof pouches that could hold a credit card, money, etc.

Aww, I actually use a Guess cross body bag that my husband bought me in the gift shop on one of our cruises. <3 I love it, hands-free. But it's not very large so I only use it at home, not on cruises or to the beach, etc.

OP, you could take several choices; they don't really take up much weight or room, do they? We girls like to switch 'em up, and you can decide what works best for you.

Ladies that are experienced cruisers: what is the best bag to bring for a cruise? I can’t decide between carrying a crossbody- regular tote or what? We are cruising Hawaii so we will be doing excursions - beaching etc. any advice?

Sashbag, hands down.

In ports where pick-pockets are a known concern, I use a small PacSafe purse that can be utilized as a fanny pack, a shoulder bag or a cross-body. In those sort of situations I use it in the cross-body mode and carry a medium sized tote-bag for other necessities, which I can carry on my shoulder, allowing me to walk about with my hands free.

Are we talking about purses to carry cash and credit cards? Or bags to carry other big stuff? I guess I'm confused.

My small cross body purse is constant. That's where the stuff I need to stay safe is. It never comes off when I am out and about, I just wear it. For purchases, sunscreen, water bottle, stuff I can lose without worry, I use either a backpack or a nylon bag that folds into a small pouch. And lives in my crossbody purse until needed.

Ladies that are experienced cruisers: what is the best bag to bring for a cruise? I can’t decide between carrying a crossbody- regular tote or what? We are cruising Hawaii so we will be doing excursions - beaching etc. any advice?

I carry a large bag that I can put my crossover in. The large bag is for the airline travel and then once I'm on the ship and doing excursions I use my crossover with my essentials in it. Actually that's how I live life now. Keep the crossbody packed with my wallet and inhaler, lipstick, other essentials. Put it inside a bigger bag with things I could need but not absolutely necessary (business card case, nail file, etc).

I have a small Bagellini crossbody and I also carry a silky shopping bag that folds into itself into a small square. I think this to the beach or shopping because the sand dusts right off it and it's big enough to put my beach towel, a book and my crossbody bag. It can also be carried cross body to keep it safely against me and leave me hands free.Takes no extra space up in my luggage. I took these all over Europe and the Caribbean.

Whenever I travel I carry a small crossbody bag from Travelon that's got RFID blocking pockets for cards and passport, zips with clips you can use to secure it to things, and a slashproof strap and body. It is small enough not to be too heavy when doing activities, but big enough to carry a billfold, sunglasses and small necessities and documents. It is also great to stuff into a bigger bag when you want to do that!

1346050646_travelonbag.jpg.1f21118fb62acc80596670fe60004a93.jpg

I have a Travelon cross body, wristlet, and backpack. I usually take the wristlet with either the cross body or the backpack on my trips. Usually the backpack on cruises.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the info Warm Breezes! I just went on Amazon and grabbed aTravelon "slim" backpack. In leopard! The cross body is great but the pack will have room for a little more in it I hope.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Forums mobile app