San Juan Transportation

netwrks

I'm looking for some recommendations on transportation from San Juan airport to the hotel and tehn to the Port. Nee transportation for 6 to 9 plus luggage.

I've heard Michael Taxi Service is good.....thoughts

I'm looking for some recommendations on transportation from San Juan airport to the hotel and tehn to the Port. Nee transportation for 6 to 9 plus luggage.

I've heard Michael Taxi Service is good.....thoughts

Plenty of taxis standing by as you exit baggage claim. Just get in the line for the taxis and let the person that is in charge know how many is in your group and what hotel you're staying at. Some hotels offer a shuttle service (pay for) to the port. We always take a taxi to the embarkation port.

Edited by davekathy

Plenty of taxis standing buy as you exit baggage claim. Just get in the line for the taxis and let the person that is in charge know how many is in your group and what hotel you're staying at. Some hotels offer a shuttle service (pay for) to the port. We always take a taxi to the embarkation port.

Second this comment. Easiest and least costly transportation method.

Just to add, there are plenty of taxis at the pier for the return - just might be a bit of a line to get one. The return is about 20 minutes or so, depending on traffic.

However, SJU can be very crowded on cruise departure days and not the most efficient airport in terms of baggage check and security check in.

Note that you must have your luggage go through the USDA check in first - just at the entrance to the departure terminals - before heading to baggage check. If you miss this you will be sent back out of the check in line to do so.

As a reultI would plan to arrive at SJU at least 2 hours prior to flight departure to assure enough time for the total check in process and to get through security.

We a lways use taxis in San Juan with no problem at all and have done so for at least 30+ years.
Great thing about San Juan is that they have set zone pricing for the taxis. Tell them where you are going how many people and pieces of luggage and they give you a slip of paper with the cost to give to the driver. No surprises when you get to your destination.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

Great thing about San Juan is that they have set zone pricing for the taxis. Tell them where you are going how many people and pieces of luggage and they give you a slip of paper with the cost to give to the driver. No surprises when you get to your destination.

Very good point :)

Agree. The taxi boss is very efficient at keeping the lines moving.