Key West Butterfly & Nature Conservatory

purplemusik

I LOVE butterflies and would love to do this one. I don't normally book through the cruiseline if I don't have to and was wondering if anyone else has done this one without booking on the ship. Haven't been to the Key West port since I was younger and don't remember how easy it is to get around. Thanks!

Get off the ship and walk through Mallory Square to Duval St. Once on Duval St. you'll see cabs or pedi cabs everywhere. Take a cab to the Butterfly Conservatory. Or if you feel like a good walk (20-30 mins) go on foot.

Key West is tiny, everything is close. The walk is lovely, and you'll go right through the hustle of Duval St. and past the quietness of Hemingway's house.

If you want a phenomenal lunch place near the Butterfly Cons, head to Blue Heaven...Key West's best.

If you want to walk by the Hemingway house, you'll have to walk on Whitehead. This is probably a nicer walk as you will pass the Audubon house, the Green Parrot bar, the lighthouse, the Audubon house, the Bahama village, then, finally, the southernmost point. Make a left there, another left onto Duval, then the Conseratory is two blocks down ain the 1300 block...

http://www.keywestbutterfly.com/

Pjk

Archived