A poll on the dress code changes

Host Hattie

What do you think about the dress code changes ?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the dress code changes ?

• I'll never sail Cunard again
    • The changes don't bother me enough to change cruise lines, I'll continue to sail
    • I'll wait until the changes are introduced before deciding
    • I wouldn't have sailed Cunard before, I might consider it now.
    • What dress code changes ?

We voted number 3, Wait & See. Our cruise choices tend to split into two; first category is definitely itinerary-driven, where the line/ship are secondary to the route and ports of call.

On the other hand, if we just fancy a cruise break, probably to areas we've been before so that the ports are less important, then the ship and its facilities, atmosphere, elegance and ambience become more important. Our default line for this has been Cunard for all the reasons well-aired in the long Dress Code thread. As others have said, if this disappears, then there is little incentive to stick to Cunard. Hope there is no significantly noticeable change, but we'll all see in due course.

Guest SilverHengroen

Based on the info posted by Host Hattie it doesn’t sound like anything is changing except what they call it? It’s still dark suit and tie minimum on ‘gala’ nights and suit with optional tie on ‘smart dress’ nights - and similar guidelines for the ladies too. In fairness even if the rules themselves were relaxed somewhat I’d expect a majority of passengers to still make the effort. Are some people getting their knickers in a twist over nothing?

We're sailing on QM2 in July for the first time, and are very excited to dress up, and I will love to see others do the same, though I don't really care if some people don't. I voted wait and see.

Question: does anyone know how Cunard defines "sandals"? I have dressy open toed shoes with heels. The website mentions pumps and flats. Don't want to incur the wrath of the fashion police :D.

Guest SilverHengroen
There have been some changes to the wording and an increase in the number of areas where the dress code is not required in the evenings.

There has been much discussion in the original thread.

Hmm, well at any rate I think it comes down to the fact most people will have dressed for dinner and be unlikely to re-dress into casual clothing afterwards. Overall I don’t expect to see much difference personally, I must say - I have seen more people going the extra mile on my voyages than I have people under-dressing.