New to princess and have some questions

smarks

Hello fellow cruisers, I'm new to Princess and I have a few questions if you don't mind.

I was looking at getting a drink package but it's not for us. If I purchase OBC, can we use it for drinks?

Can we each bring a bottle of alcohol onboard? Or is that prohibited? What about soft drinks?

I have booked an interior on the Lido deck. Cruising in April I'm sure it will get a bit cool. But my concern is how does the Crown Princess handle the North Atlantic? We are doing the British Isles from Ft. Lauderdale to Southampton.

Thank you for any info you can share. I have several cruises under my belt but I have never crossed the pond. Thanks again.

Hello fellow cruisers, I'm new to Princess and I have a few questions if you don't mind.

I was looking at getting a drink package but it's not for us. If I purchase OBC, can we use it for drinks?

Can we each bring a bottle of alcohol onboard? Or is that prohibited? What about soft drinks?

I have booked an interior on the Lido deck. Cruising in April I'm sure it will get a bit cool. But my concern is how does the Crown Princess handle the North Atlantic? We are doing the British Isles from Ft. Lauderdale to Southampton.

Thank you for any info you can share. I have several cruises under my belt but I have never crossed the pond. Thanks again.

Yes you can use OBC for drinks. :whiskey-glass::beer-mug::tropical-drink::wine-glass:.

You can bring 2 bottles of Wine or Champagne no fee. If you take more there’s is a corkage fee for each extra bottle you take. You can’t take any liquid. Yes you can also take all the soda you want no fee.

Tony

Yes you can use OBC for drinks. :whiskey-glass::beer-mug::tropical-drink::wine-glass:.

You can bring 2 bottles of Wine or Champagne no fee. If you take more there’s is a corkage fee for each extra bottle you take. You can’t take any liquid. Yes you can also take all the soda you want no fee.

Tony

Actually there’s corkage on the “free” ones if you take them to the restaurant

Tony

Surely wine, Champagne and soft drinks are liquid?

OBC is a credit posted to your onboard account. Any onboard spending, including beverages, tours, hotel charge ($13.50/pp/day), is added to your account as incurred and your account has a net balance.

You can not bring a bottle of alcohol, spirits, on board. Also no beer. You can carry on 1 x 750ml bottle of wine or champagne per person of drinking age at no charge for use in your cabin, ie 2 in a cabin 2 bottles, 3 in the cabin, 3 bottles. Additional bottles carried on are subject to a $15/bot. corkage fee. These bottles can be used anywhere on the ship. If you bring the no corkage bottles to a DR or other public location you will be charged the $15 corkage.

You can bring on as much non-alcoholic beverage as you like.

You will require a light jacket, sweatshirt, sweater and some long sleeve shirts. The interior is normal temp and certain public spaces, such as the theater can be cool. Each cabin has it's own thermostat which may or may not work very well.

See above

I have sailed Eastbound on a Grand Class ship much as Crown and on a few other transatlantics. You have to remember you are staying much further South than Cunard do when they do them. Your start point is much further South and you head for the Azores then on to Lisbon which again is way South. So should be brighter weather. The sea is all about the swell height and wind across the decks. Normally the captain will run the ship slower in the day to keep the breeze across decks down depending on wind direction and wind speed and run the ship faster at night. They can deviate within reason to try and find better conditions. So if you do not have a history of seasickness you should be fine unless you hit a very bad storm but this is fairly rare but if it happens it's just a day. Princess run very full entertainment packed sea days with at least five of them only being 23 hours long.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

Tony

Thanks Tony for the information. I went ahead and purchased some spirits, soft drinks and water. We are all set.

You can bring all the soft drinks and water you want.

Thank You Diane, Since I am going to have a couple of pieces of luggage for a 27 day cruise, I decided to go ahead and purchase what I think we will be needing. It took a little while to find it on Princess web site. I still have the option to cancel the items. I will wait and see what my luggage looks like. Thanks again.

Sandra

I have sailed Eastbound on a Grand Class ship much as Crown and on a few other transatlantics. You have to remember you are staying much further South than Cunard do when they do them. Your start point is much further South and you head for the Azores then on to Lisbon which again is way South. So should be brighter weather. The sea is all about the swell height and wind across the decks. Normally the captain will run the ship slower in the day to keep the breeze across decks down depending on wind direction and wind speed and run the ship faster at night. They can deviate within reason to try and find better conditions. So if you do not have a history of seasickness you should be fine unless you hit a very bad storm but this is fairly rare but if it happens it's just a day. Princess run very full entertainment packed sea days with at least five of them only being 23 hours long.

Regards John

Hi John, I really appreciate this information. I have never had a sea sick problem and hope I never do. We've encountered some rough seas a few times. One in the Pacific going to Hawaii. Pretty rough for the first 3 days then it got a bit better. Going to Cozumel from Tampa. Got really bad. We rocked and rolled for 4 out of 5 days missing our ports, then the Panama Canal. Things were flying off the shelves. So maybe I will be good on this one. I have heard so many horror stories, I was getting a little worried. Thanks a bunch.

Sandra

I did a BI cruise in June of 15. I brought a rain suit. Worked brilliantly. While everyone else was muddling with umbrellas, I was dry.

Thank you for that info. I will be sure to take a rain jacket or heavy poncho. I was curious about that.

Sandra

Thanks Tony for the information. I went ahead and purchased some spirits, soft drinks and water. We are all set.

Sorry I didnt think spirits were allowed to be taken aboard. I thought it was 1 750 ml bottle of wine per adult person and unlimited soft drinks. can someone please confirm please

Sorry I didnt think spirits were allowed to be taken aboard. I thought it was 1 750 ml bottle of wine per adult person and unlimited soft drinks. can someone please confirm please

I'm sorry for the confusion. I purchased our spirits, soft drinks and water from the ship. They will deliver it to our cabin. I try to always follow the rules.

I'm sorry for the confusion. I purchased our spirits, soft drinks and water from the ship. They will deliver it to our cabin. I try to always follow the rules.

You cannot bring spirits onboard, but you can purchase them from the ship.

Correct with one addition: Can bring as many 750 ml bottles of wine on board as you want, but will pay corkage fee for all but the first bottle at check-in time.

Correct with one addition: Can bring as many 750 ml bottles of wine on board as you want, but will pay corkage fee for all but the first bottle at check-in time.
Does this mean if I bring it (one of the bottles beyond the first two), to a restaurant, I would not be charged another $15 corkage fee? Just the $15 on embarkation? (Because now I am totally confused based on conflicting posts!)

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Forums mobile app